News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester and the FA

Author Topic: Chester and the FA  (Read 1831 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Chester and the FA
« on: August 13, 2009, 03:21:14 PM »

DevaChat reckons they have a green light from the FA after a meeting today.........which is good news for AFC

It also says they are discussing whether or not it's -10 pts or -25pts........the bloody cheek of it, it should be increased to -30 as a consequence of the rules being waived to allow them to play and not cock-up the whole BSN season
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 03:36:14 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Butty

Re: Chester and the FA
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 03:30:36 PM »

But to be fair, they are effectively another 6 points (potentially) down after missing 2 games?

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 03:52:51 PM »

But to be fair, they are effectively another 6 points (potentially) down after missing 2 games?

Surely they will be re-scheduled for a later date ? Therefore the points are still available

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 04:28:08 PM »

Looks like there is going to be an amazing turnaround with this whole saga..............it appears that the FA were 'biding' their time all along going thro' all of Chester's submissions with a view to allowing Chester to continue once the FA had established that everything was in order

It seems that the Conf breached their own rules by allowing Chester to join the BSN if they started on -25pts.Obviously the Conf were keen to see the season get underway with 24 teams and felt they could no longer wait for the FA

The FA have now given the Conf a kicking for jumping the gun and fined them £5k.........yes, fined the Conf !! They have also told them they have breached their own rules in giving Chester a choice of no start or start with -25pts

My undertstanding is that Chester will now start on -10, but things are as clear as mud. The FA site certainly does not make this clear, but I assume they expect the Conf to make this U-turn announcement and not them

What a farce - You could not make this up if you tried
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 05:22:40 PM »

I have been told by someone at work (Chester fan) ............that although the Conf were wrong to deduct the 25pts in the eyes of the FA, the wrong decision will still stand ? Chester will start on minus 25

Apparently Chester should have been kicked out under the rules, but the Conf broke their own rules by letting them stay and letting them accept the deduction, however it now seems that the FA will allow what is done to stay done ?...........I wll just pull my head out of my a**e.......I give up trying to understand this and won't post again on the topic

dino

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 05:27:08 PM »

i should think woking are sitting down with their lawyers as we speak

baldrick

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 06:36:53 PM »

The Football Conference was called to appear before a Commission of The FA’s Sanctions & Registrations Committee today.

The Commission found that the proposed arrangement whereby the new company running Chester City would be granted membership of the Conference by accepting a deduction of a further fifteen points was a clear breach of Conference rules. As a result, the Commission has fined the Conference £5,000, suspended until the start of the 2010/11 season.

It was also ordered that the Conference review their insolvency rules in conjunction with the FA by 31st December 2009.

An FA spokesman said: “In the interests of all parties, not least the supporters of Chester City, this has been dealt with as a matter of priority. It has been clear that the Conference would be breaking its own rules by proceeding with their proposal and this made it impossible for the FA to approve it. We would have liked to resolve this situation before the start of the season but important aspects of this arrangement have only come to light in recent days.

“We understand that this unfolding situation has raised unique challenges for Chester City and the Conference. We have worked with both parties throughout this process to reach a solution that ensures that Chester City can continue to play football whilst respecting the financial regulations which are in place to protect the integrity of the game.

“We are pleased that this draws this issue with the Football Conference to a conclusion. We will now meet with the Conference to look at how its insolvency rules can be changed to avoid a repeat of this situation in the future.”

The Football Conference chairman Brian Lee said: “Our main objective has been achieved, which will allow Chester City to play football on Saturday against Cambridge United. We accept the Commission’s findings and look forward to joining the FA in reviewing our insolvency procedures.”
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester and the FA