PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Predictions For Barrow
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Predictions For Barrow  (Read 11071 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Predictions For Barrow
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2009, 12:37:56 PM »

We will win tomorrow. Camebridge in disarray, Barrow exploited lack of management. Are we not being a bit harsh on ourselves? Theres always a few freak results in August. Im sure we wont be trudging out tomorrow night a beaten team as some of these predictions suggest.

Our lads will know where they went wrong on saturday, plus id expect a different shape from the team for this match. Im opting for 1-0 win alty, Denham with the goal.

Ps. Please can we refrain from saying that the third league game of a season of 46 is a 'must win'. There is no such thing in August league matches.

Heathcote out
ParkINson's red and white army

Alex

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2009, 12:59:50 PM »

Heart says 2-1 alty

But my head says it will p•ss it down and blow a gale and we will witness a 1-0 barrow win. (last time I trusted my heart over my head we beat morcombe 1-0 away, so here's hoping)

matnvfcmad

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2009, 03:06:01 PM »

Barrow 1 Alty 0

markecky

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2009, 03:15:47 PM »

Barrow 1 Alty 0

Thanks for that.  I'll think you'll batter Chorlton Labour Club or whoever you have on Tuesday.

Scottie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2009, 07:41:28 PM »

5 of us are climbing Langdale pikes in Lake District prior to game so we will sing from the top, ' 2-0 to the Altrincham !'

Dougals Dad

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2009, 08:17:40 PM »

5 of us are climbing Langdale pikes in Lake District prior to game so we will sing from the top, ' 2-0 to the Altrincham !'

Dont forget the pint of Old Peculiar at the Old Dungeon Ghyll!

Scottie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2009, 08:59:42 PM »

Starting and finishing from there - via Harrison Stickle and Pavey Arc so if I arrive a little the worse for wear then it's down to your recomendation.

taxi Phil

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2009, 10:27:58 PM »

NO SUCH THING AS A MUST WIN IN AUGUST ? ? ! !

Footballers thrive on confidence. Good results = confidence, bad results cause heads to drop ! Our lads will be gutted if we don't get something next Saturday, and since I don't see us winning at Holker Street that something needs to be three points.  By the end of August we will have played SEVEN League games, always assuming Chester hang on in there. A bad August of three draws and four defeats could see us already a couple of wins below the safety line, and we don't want that, do we ?

fuertes

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2009, 07:57:09 AM »

NO SUCH THING AS A MUST WIN IN AUGUST ? ? ! !

Footballers thrive on confidence. Good results = confidence, bad results cause heads to drop ! Our lads will be gutted if we don't get something next Saturday, and since I don't see us winning at Holker Street that something needs to be three points.  By the end of August we will have played SEVEN League games, always assuming Chester hang on in there. A bad August of three draws and four defeats could see us already a couple of wins below the safety line, and we don't want that, do we ?

Please get some perspective. There's absolutely no need to panic if we're on two points after three games, there'll be forty-three games to go FFS. Didn't we start last season with just one win in the first seven games? Things turned out just fine.

I'm backing the lads for a draw tonight. Personally I might throw Williams in there with Youngy, shift Smith to right-back and push Densmore into midfield instead of Danylyk. We'll definitely cause them a few problems if we play to the standard we did in the first half against Ebbsfleet.

joe

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2009, 08:26:49 AM »

Please get some perspective. There's absolutely no need to panic if we're on two points after three games, there'll be forty-three games to go FFS. Didn't we start last season with just one win in the first seven games? Things turned out just fine.

I'm backing the lads for a draw tonight. Personally I might throw Williams in there with Youngy, shift Smith to right-back and push Densmore into midfield instead of Danylyk. We'll definitely cause them a few problems if we play to the standard we did in the first half against Ebbsfleet.
[/quote]

Things only turned out fine after a lengthy protest against Lewes that changed the season. Anyway i also think we're capable of getting a point a Barrow and haven't got a clue what to expect against Hayes and Yeading because they're an unknown quantity. Just because Lewes were poor last season doesn't mean Hayes will be this year?!

DAB @ ALTY

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2009, 09:19:36 AM »

I can understand why a draw at Barrow would be a good result for
us & yes it is only our second game but in this league you have got
to get wins at home.On Saturday if we had turned our first half
dominance into goals & won,then you can go away with just a
little more confidencce & the draw would do very nicely.If we are
to repeat last season's success then we have to take all our
opportunities in our home games & hope for the added bonus of
some good aways points on the way.

fuertes

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2009, 09:38:22 AM »

Things only turned out fine after a lengthy protest against Lewes that changed the season. Anyway i also think we're capable of getting a point a Barrow and haven't got a clue what to expect against Hayes and Yeading because they're an unknown quantity. Just because Lewes were poor last season doesn't mean Hayes will be this year?!

This again  ::)

The reasons we got out of trouble are a) We had signed a lot of new players and the team began to gel as time went on, and b) Heathcote needed time to work out his best formation.

The notion that the players thought "we'll just go through the motions, this manager doesn't really motivate us", then after seeing a protest thought "Chirst, these fans really want us to win. I thought they were paying to come and see us because they like throwing money away. I'm going to really try now" is a mile off.

f**king hell, I thought all the buck eejits who called for Heathcote to go after a few games last season might have learned their lesson after the way things panned out. Now I'm supposed to be panicking if we lose a match away to Hayes and Yeading. Unbelievable.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2009, 09:57:26 AM »

Yes, and we all know what happened when the Robins alighted in the dripping pan last season. There are no guarantees in any sport and one bad result will not necessarily result in a bad season.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

joe

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2009, 10:24:49 AM »

Fuertes,i'd prefer it if you didn't refer to me as a buck eejit while hiding behind a forum name if you don't mind.

fuertes

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2009, 11:26:04 AM »

Alright, scrap 'buck eejit' from the record.

I still don't think Hayes and Yeading is must-win, I don't think Heathcote should be under any pressure and I don't think the reason we stayed up over 46 games last season was a protest against Lewes in the first few weeks of the season.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Predictions For Barrow