Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Supporters Travel-Halifax (Tuesday 14th August) and Forest Green (Saturday 18th)
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Supporters Travel-Halifax (Tuesday 14th August) and Forest Green (Saturday 18th)  (Read 4592 times)

Jacobs

As the season approaches I would like to offer supporters of Altrincham F.C the opportunity to travel with us to Halifax on Tuesday 14th August and Forest Green Rovers on Saturday 18th August, once again we will be using Goodwins luxury coaches for the forthcoming season, both lists will be available in the club shop on Saturday for the pre season friendly against Rotheram.

Please see below for a comprehensive list of Times and Prices

Halifax - Tuesday 14th August

Times

The Vine, Sale - 5:20pm
Hare and Hounds - 5:30pm
Station House - 5:35pm
Moss Lane - 5:40pm

Prices

STAR Member - £9
STAR Concession - £7
Child (Under 11) - £4
Non member - £9

Forest Green Rovers - Saturday 18th August

Times

The Vine, Sale - 10:00am
Hare and Hounds - 10:10am
Station House - 10:15am
Moss Lane - 10:20am

Prices

STAR Member - £16
STAR Concession - £14
Child (Under 11) - £8
Non member - £16

Ashley Alty

Why is it the same price for a STAR member and a non-member?  I thought there was a discount for STAR members?  About the only benefit members get from their membership  :-\

Bath Alty

Then why have I signed up for life living down here?

Still I think of it as paying for this forum and the all knowing JL and his site so it's a bargain!

markecky

Why is it the same price for a STAR member and a non-member?  I thought there was a discount for STAR members?  About the only benefit members get from their membership  :-\

Ouch, leave the politics at the door please.

The STAR member discount was suspended mid season when it was decided that all adult prices would be the same in order to maximise the amount of people travelling.  It worked well.

Spoke to Tom on it today, it may well be re introduced but for now its about getting the numbers on board so they can break even again

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

16 quid return to FGR is excellent value so I can't see how anyone could complain about that. Incidentally Travelling Alty how the devil is your Goodwin rating +771?

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

The STAR member discount was suspended mid season when it was decided that all adult prices would be the same in order to maximise the amount of people travelling.  It worked well.

Spoke to Tom on it today, it may well be re introduced but for now its about getting the numbers on board so they can break even again

Not really politics is it Ecky?, just a question from a STAR Member, who like me was totally unaware that the discount had been suspended.

I don't think that the prices being quoted are out of the way but then again I very seldom travel so my input on prices would probably have little impact anyhow.

fgrfan

the away seated stand behind the goal has been worked on and was due to be finished soon but bad weather is seriously delaying it. gloucestershire very badly hit today and i found myself walking in water up to my knees. hope its finished for the end of august, as long as the weather doesn't continue to mess up the schedule....

Ideas 4 Alty

the away seated stand behind the goal has been worked on and was due to be finished soon but bad weather is seriously delaying it. gloucestershire very badly hit today and i found myself walking in water up to my knees. hope its finished for the end of august, as long as the weather doesn't continue to mess up the schedule....

Just out of interest, does the fact that it's a seated away end mean you'll be charging away fans more now even though they don't have the choice to stand (like Stevenage, Rushden etc.)

Alty365

Not really politics is it Ecky?, just a question from a STAR Member, who like me was totally unaware that the discount had been suspended.

I don't think that the prices being quoted are out of the way but then again I very seldom travel so my input on prices would probably have little impact anyhow.

If the statement "About the ony benefit members get from their membership" is not a political one I don't know what it is. It certainly isn't a factual one, since the main benefit you get from being a member of STAR is the knowledge that your membership fee is helping the club.

To be fair though if Ecky or I said that the grass was green you would post an essay on here stating that everyone is entitled to their opinion and in fact it is not green at all. However, you would probably use a load of words that nobody understands because you're ever so clever and we're simply not worthy of such an intellectual steward.

Ashley Alty

[/quote] To be fair though if Ecky or I said that the grass was green you would post an essay on here stating that everyone is entitled to their opinion and in fact it is not green at all. However, you would probably use a load of words that nobody understands because you're ever so clever and we're simply not worthy of such an intellectual steward.
[/quote]

When have I ever said anything like that?  Go back through my posts - I've not once ever posted an essay nor expressed all fans entitlement to an opinion (although I must say I agree with that statement) nor that I am very clever or ever used any "big" words!  I'm not even a steward not even in the bar!

Blimey - there are some touchy people on here - I only asked a question and I was unaware of the suspension of the discount for STAR members.  There used to be lots of tangible benefits from membership and this is the only visible one left from what I've noticed.  I hadn't thought that membership of an independant supporters organisation was necessarily directly of benefit to the club

And
16 quid return to FGR is excellent value so I can't see how anyone could complain about that. Incidentally Travelling Alty how the devil is your Goodwin rating +771?

I dunno, I can't give them to myself, so someone must appreciate what I write despite what Alty 365 seems to think  ???

Alty365

To be fair though if Ecky or I said that the grass was green you would post an essay on here stating that everyone is entitled to their opinion and in fact it is not green at all. However, you would probably use a load of words that nobody understands because you're ever so clever and we're simply not worthy of such an intellectual steward.
[/quote]

When have I ever said anything like that?  Go back through my posts - I've not once ever posted an essay nor expressed all fans entitlement to an opinion (although I must say I agree with that statement) nor that I am very clever or ever used any "big" words!  I'm not even a steward not even in the bar!

Blimey - there are some touchy people on here - I only asked a question and I was unaware of the suspension of the discount for STAR members.  There used to be lots of tangible benefits from membership and this is the only visible one left from what I've noticed.  I hadn't thought that membership of an independant supporters organisation was necessarily directly of benefit to the club

And

I dunno, I can't give them to myself, so someone must appreciate what I write despite what Alty 365 seems to think  ???
[/quote]

Travelling Alty - this was not directed at you it was directed at AltyTunnelSteward aka "Dictionary Corner".

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

If the statement "About the ony benefit members get from their membership" is not a political one I don't know what it is. It certainly isn't a factual one, since the main benefit you get from being a member of STAR is the knowledge that your membership fee is helping the club.

But on that basis, surely I could simply achieve the same warm feeling by just giving the club a £10.00 note each season instead and not even bother to renew my STAR Membership?

I have to say that I am confused about exactly what STAR offers these days (and, yes, I am still a member!).

Any guidance?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

fgrfan

Just out of interest, does the fact that it's a seated away end mean you'll be charging away fans more now even though they don't have the choice to stand (like Stevenage, Rushden etc.)

i'm not too sure but despite the fact you are getting a seat it is behind the goal so it isn't exactly the best. i'm sure you can sneak in the terrace anyway! once i find out i'll come on here and tell everyone - i'll ask on our forum now.

fgrfan

i have been told it is not yet official but looks likely that you will be charged normal stand prices which for adults is £14. i'm somone who prefers the terrace and it seems a shame that you'll be unable to stand in the terrace but atleast you can take the priviledge of a roof and a seat unlike the open terrace you were put in last season!

Ideas 4 Alty

But never mind, it is still a far more co-operative and useful organisation than it used to be at one time with certain people running the show!   :)
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Supporters Travel-Halifax (Tuesday 14th August) and Forest Green (Saturday 18th)