News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 CHANGE THE AWAY KIT FUNDRAISER!

Author Topic: CHANGE THE AWAY KIT FUNDRAISER!  (Read 3163 times)

Narcissist

« on: May 14, 2008, 10:36:00 AM »

Ok, this one is very simple.

I havent bought a replica alty shirt for years. I have just expressed a small level of outrage on another thread with regards to our new velcro trousered away strip. Then i realised that this is slightly hypocritical in a roundabout sense. Not to mention this is going to lose valuable money for the club.

So here is my fundraising idea:

I will pledge to buy a adult replica away kit if they change the strip from this lamb grabbing monstrosity. Thats some money for the club that otherwise would have been spent on...well...something else like nappies or dribble trays for mini-beaver.

If everyone follows me and makes this pledge then we can raise a few hundred extra quid for the club and we'll all get a great alty away shirt in return.

The best bit is the satisfaction of knowing that the club actually listened to the fans for a change.

Everyone is a winner, surely?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: CHANGE THE AWAY KIT FUNDRAISER!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 10:45:27 AM »

I agree.
If it's not blue, I'll buy it.

PS: I reserve the right NOT to buy it if the away strip is changed to green and white!  ::)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Cornerflag

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 10:49:24 AM »

I have been asked to point out that the first teams away kit has already been ordered.

:)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 11:16:29 AM »

I have been asked to point out that the first teams away kit has already been ordered.

Let's just hope they haven't ordered too many replica kits for the shop then!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 06:09:30 PM »

It's ok, season starts in July, don't want it hand stitched, just get a proper kit in the next two months please.

Bath Alty

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 07:39:46 PM »

Only last week I put in an order with Mrs BathAlty (birthday approaches) for a new season away shirt complete with Bath Alty lettering on the back so you might know who I was at Southern games.

Just cancelled that order as I don't want to recognised as the pillock who bought the Macc kit!

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 07:59:11 PM »

I see the new away kit is being displayed on the telly right now. Somewhere in the deepest recesses of my brain is a memory of Altrincham wearing an all blue kit in the first game I ever saw us play at Witton in the days of Darren Royle. Is my memory playing tricks again?

Dougals Dad

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 08:01:26 PM »

If I wear that new away kit I'll get beaten up by Celtic fans!

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 08:08:56 PM »

but stalybridge didn't get promoted

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 08:37:47 PM »

I see the new away kit is being displayed on the telly right now. Somewhere in the deepest recesses of my brain is a memory of Altrincham wearing an all blue kit in the first game I ever saw us play at Witton in the days of Darren Royle. Is my memory playing tricks again?

I still have that shirt  :D

Sky blue, sponsored by Holts builders merchants ?

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 09:26:08 PM »

maybe it as earlier than that, what about around 94/95 when i started watching again.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 10:04:51 PM »

maybe it as earlier than that, what about around 94/95 when i started watching again.

there were two, a very deep blue that we wore in the Gresley season sponsor against them in the trophy, sponsor carole nash and a sky blue one in the 95/6 season I think.

altyf

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008, 10:31:18 PM »

In the 95/96 season we had a really good navy blue Carole Nash away kit. It was also the year we had very thin red and white stripes.

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 12:25:36 AM »

While we're at it can we put another bid in for red shorts for the home kit? I know it's been done before but a great idea's a great idea forever!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 09:00:21 AM »

While we're at it can we put another bid in for red shorts for the home kit? I know it's been done before but a great idea's a great idea forever!

I'll second that! Alty doesn't seem the same, kit-wise, since the red shorts went out.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team