PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hand shakes
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Hand shakes  (Read 7692 times)

York Alty

Re: Hand shakes
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2012, 11:24:34 PM »

All of this is going to dominate the footy pages, rather than the footy itself. Bores me to tears the whole situation.  Correction, the Prem as a whole bores me to tears.

Good point. It should have been put to bed once Suarez started his suspension. Then Dalglish pipes up again last week and then this today - totally needless.
Dalglish was such a fine player - what happened?

He certainly does seem to have a blind spot about this.  Lesson is to keep schtum and try to improve relations behind the scenes. 

Hey ho.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2012, 11:56:17 PM »

He certainly does seem to have a blind spot about this.  Lesson is to keep schtum and try to improve relations behind the scenes.  

Hey ho.

Yet what you need is not marches, demonstrations, rallies or wide associations, all of them are important. What you need is direct action. The sooner people understand that, the sooner we'll begin to change things.

Mr Scargill,.....Left wingers heh

York Alty

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2012, 12:08:12 AM »

He certainly does seem to have a blind spot about this.  Lesson is to keep schtum and try to improve relations behind the scenes.  

Hey ho.

Yet what you need is not marches, demonstrations, rallies or wide associations, all of them are important. What you need is direct action. The sooner people understand that, the sooner we'll begin to change things.

Mr Scargill,.....Left wingers heh

Got to say I am a bit confused about what you're getting at there Knutsford.  I reckon the last thing the GMP wanted today was a demo, march or any other form of protest.  All of those things are very important in our national life but not at a high profile footy game like that was.  The two clubs had an opportunity the other week at the FA Cup tie to start improving relations, I hope that was taken.  Whether they did or they didn't they still have a long way to go.

Wouldn't you agree?

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2012, 12:08:42 AM »

The competition requires that hands are shaken to show respect, not only to the opponent but to the competition and the game as a whole.

Whether you agree with it or not, if it's an agreed action then it should happen end of, whatever your individual view on the whole thing.

Interesting in my view that the only remarkable instances relating to the handshake revolve around two seriously unpleasant (allegedly profoundly) racist individuals vis messrs Suarez and Terry

And Jamie Redknapp has once again proved hisself a prick on SKY

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2012, 12:13:14 AM »

All of this is going to dominate the footy pages, rather than the footy itself. Bores me to tears the whole situation.  Correction, the Prem as a whole bores me to tears.

Good point. It should have been put to bed once Suarez started his suspension. Then Dalglish pipes up again last week and then this today - totally needless.
Dalglish was such a fine player - what happened?
Yes he was, but as a manager he has very little man management skills and a blinkered outlook over Liverpool FC - The pressure will get to him  and he will walk away, just like the last time = King Kenny? As a player yes. As a manager? Never

Hamilton

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2012, 12:16:48 AM »

The competition requires that hands are shaken to show respect, not only to the opponent but to the competition and the game as a whole.

Whether you agree with it or not, if it's an agreed action then it should happen end of, whatever your individual view on the whole thing.

Interesting in my view that the only remarkable instances relating to the handshake revolve around two seriously unpleasant (allegedly profoundly) racist individuals vis messrs Suarez and Terry

And Jamie Redknapp has once again proved hisself a prick on SKY

What did the son of England manager to be do?

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2012, 10:15:55 AM »

The chap on Five live needs shooting too after going on about not wanting the handshake to take away from the football he then went on to talk about nothing else.

Oh and I wouldn't care what the handshake is supposed to represent in a game, the FA wouldn't tell me who to shake hands with.

A bit like trying to impose the Nazi salute at the 1936 Olympic Games, the French did it and look at what happened to them  ;D
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2012, 09:03:58 PM »

The chap on Five live needs shooting too after going on about not wanting the handshake to take away from the football he then went on to talk about nothing else.

Oh and I wouldn't care what the handshake is supposed to represent in a game, the FA wouldn't tell me who to shake hands with.

A bit like trying to impose the Nazi salute at the 1936 Olympic Games, the French did it and look at what happened to them  ;D
[/b]

Yeah they only won 7 Golds.  ;)

taxi Phil

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2012, 09:42:36 PM »

[/b]

Yeah they only won 7 Golds.  ;)
But rather less at the 1940 and 1944 Games.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2012, 10:13:27 PM »

Rocky you will be interested to learn that the England team performed the Nazi salute before a game against Germany in Berlin in 1938.

In May 1939 the Irish Free State played in Bremen and the Irish team were forced onto the pitch half an hour before kick of to listen to Nazi chanting and nationalism. However, there was an Irish player called Jimmy Dunne who had his own ideas of nationalism and kept sceaming "Remember 1916". By kick off the Germans were totally confused. The game ended in a 1-1 draw.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2012, 10:17:14 PM »

They are paid stupid stupid money if it states they should shakes hands they should do it whether they like it or not

If they dont then they should be disciplined or find another job  like in other jobs simples
ParkINson's red and white army

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2012, 10:21:09 PM »

Rocky you will be interested to learn that the England team performed the Nazi salute before a game against Germany in Berlin in 1938.

In May 1939 the Irish Free State played in Bremen and the Irish team were forced onto the pitch half an hour before kick of to listen to Nazi chanting and nationalism. However, there was an Irish player called Jimmy Dunne who had his own ideas of nationalism and kept sceaming "Remember 1916". By kick off the Germans were totally confused. The game ended in a 1-1 draw.

Don't worry that little gem had not passed me by
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2012, 12:25:30 AM »

Irish player called Jimmy Dunne who had his own ideas of nationalism and kept sceaming "Remember 1916". By kick off the Germans were totally confused. The game ended in a 1-1 draw.

Up periscope!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banna_Strand

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2012, 10:58:56 PM »

Irish player called Jimmy Dunne who had his own ideas of nationalism and kept sceaming "Remember 1916". By kick off the Germans were totally confused. The game ended in a 1-1 draw.

Up periscope!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banna_Strand

Ooooh we're entering very dodgy territory now......Roger Casement eh
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Hamilton

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2012, 11:13:18 PM »

This hand shake nonsense is crap!

They should give each other milk shakes!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hand shakes