PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hand shakes
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Hand shakes  (Read 7691 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Hand shakes
« on: February 11, 2012, 03:31:25 PM »

All this fuss about surez not shaking Evra's hand

Can some one correct me but isn't it part of the fa's directive to shake hands before the game as part of there respect campaign?
@AltyDaz

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Hand shakes
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 03:42:50 PM »

I'm not sure, but I think the whole custom is pointless and should be dropped altogether.

Players can shake hands/swap shirts after the game; I don't see the need to have players lining up before kickoff, other than to sing national anthems in international fixtures.
Come on Alty!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 05:13:21 PM »

Dalglish needs to be as ashamed as Suarez after his statement, what a t*sser.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

thegazelle

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 05:20:07 PM »

may be i am biased (or perhaps racist) but suarez is a T**t. his behaviour after the ghana uruguay QF was a disgrace. yes we would have all handballed on the line but dont jump around celebrating after you get sent off. dick head in my eyes. if i was evra i would have celebrated much more !!!!!!!right in his dirty lying spic face

York Alty

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 05:22:20 PM »

I'm not sure, but I think the whole custom is pointless and should be dropped altogether.

agreed.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 05:22:38 PM »

may be i am biased (or perhaps racist) but suarez is a T**t. his behaviour after the ghana uruguay QF was a disgrace. yes we would have all handballed on the line but dont jump around celebrating after you get sent off. dick head in my eyes. if i was evra i would have celebrated much more !!!!!!!right in his dirty lying spic face

Forgot that, what a very good point.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 05:23:13 PM »

agreed.

Why?

finnquark

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 05:27:33 PM »

Unbelievable.

RocketDan

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 05:42:10 PM »

agreed.

I quite like it.

it's only the same as boxers touching gloves before they fight. it's a sign of respect and to say to your opponent, lets have a good clean fight and may the best man win.

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 08:07:15 PM »

agreed.

I quite like it.

it's only the same as boxers touching gloves before they fight. it's a sign of respect and to say to your opponent, lets have a good clean fight and may the best man win.

And in this case there clearly is no respect so no handshake.  I'd rather there was a bit of honesty than some meaninglesss charade.

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 08:10:47 PM »

I agree with your summary of Suarez but at the same World Cup Evra acted like a spoilt brat and a complete tool to the extent that their whole squad fell apart.  Can't condone racism but I've got no jsympathy for either of them. They deserve each other.

taxi Phil

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 09:46:44 PM »

The whole "Respect" thing is just so much bollocks. Players shaking hands not because they have any respect, but because they're told to. Totally pointless exercise.

Hamilton

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 11:10:24 PM »

The hand-shake rule - pointless and false
Suarez - a nasty piece of work
Dalglish - a c*ck - goes the same optician as Arsene Wenger
Liverpool fans trying top make out it was Evra's fault - typical Liverpool fans.

York Alty

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2012, 11:16:51 PM »

All of this is going to dominate the footy pages, rather than the footy itself. Bores me to tears the whole situation.  Correction, the Prem as a whole bores me to tears.

Hamilton

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2012, 11:19:47 PM »

All of this is going to dominate the footy pages, rather than the footy itself. Bores me to tears the whole situation.  Correction, the Prem as a whole bores me to tears.

Good point. It should have been put to bed once Suarez started his suspension. Then Dalglish pipes up again last week and then this today - totally needless.
Dalglish was such a fine player - what happened?
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hand shakes