News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Saturday

Author Topic: Saturday  (Read 1230 times)

Wall FC

Saturday
« on: November 12, 2007, 11:10:20 AM »

All Alty

Many thanks for Saturday, eventually ended up drinking in Sale in the end.

i think you have a great little club, "liitle" not meaning to be condescending, with a great set of fans and I love the ground proper tradition style!  And the pies were great too!

All your staff, stewards etc very polite, shame that our friends at OT had to come and try and start a ruck, but as you all saw we had no interest in participating!

One point though you obviously have a good nucleus of fans these big games you want to attract the Uniteds/sh*tties etc, Ive been nosey and read posts of people not wanting them at your gound ??? for whatever reasons you cant have it both ways and expect additional 2000 closet fans to turn up and build you attendances etc but then complain that they are not proper Alty Fans - that puzzles me

Many thanks and good luck for the rest of your season!!!

markecky

Re: Saturday
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 11:31:10 AM »

The situation is being misunderstood.

We welcome United and City fans, we have to or we would never get a big crowd ever!

What we are a bit wary of (and Saturday was one of the few times it has happened) is when the trouble elements of both clubs descend on Moss Lane.

One of my fears from Saturday was that if there was trouble and a draw, Alty fans would not have been very welcome down there and the troublemakers would be nowhere to be seen.

Its all hypothetical I know.

Longman

Re: Saturday
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 11:56:18 AM »

Very good point.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Saturday