News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Police presence on Saturday

Author Topic: Police presence on Saturday  (Read 1404 times)

seasonticket

« on: November 12, 2007, 10:26:16 AM »

As has been said in several other threads the police presence for Saturdays cup tie was just a tad over the top.
It seems to me that if their 'inteligence' is as good as they would like us to believe, they should have been aware that only 300 tickets had been sold and more importantly that the Millwall hard lads would not be bothered coming all that way. There again as I understand it, and this may not be the case, the police decide how much policing is required and then charge the club accordingly. That sounds like a nice little earner for GMP.
What really got me annoyed was after the game hundreds of people trying to dodge traffic to get across Moss Lane. Yes this does happen every home game. The difference on Saturday apart from greater numbers making this more difficult, was the number of bone idle plods standing around doing nothing. It would only have taken two of them to hold up the traffic get everyone across the road SAFELY and the crowd disspersed much quicker.
There again that is more akin to work than standing aronud like spare parts.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Police presence on Saturday
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 10:28:18 AM »

Football matches =  overtime, overtime, overtime

BrianVino

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 10:31:15 AM »

I have no faith in the so called 'Police football intelligence' the other week at City was a classic example!
All week we had so called Birmingham Zulus all over the city forums stating it was there anniversary and then were going to do this and that, where we the police? No where to be seen!

mitchymoo

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 10:58:13 AM »

I have no faith in the so called 'Police football intelligence' the other week at City was a classic example!
All week we had so called Birmingham Zulus all over the city forums stating it was there anniversary and then were going to do this and that, where we the police? No where to be seen!

yeah, i agree Brian, we should employ more police to go on sad City forums like blue moon to trawl through a load of posts about limited edition white shirts and how great Oasis are to find the internet warriors threatening the City firm. grown up Vino. get a life then get a conservatory.

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team