News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Can i just say

Author Topic: Can i just say  (Read 3004 times)

Butty

Can i just say
« on: November 10, 2007, 10:21:02 PM »

In light of all the expected trouble.
Did anyone see any inside the ground? Did anyone see any outside the ground?

Unemployed Coalminer

Re: Can i just say
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 10:24:26 PM »

i had a bit of trouble this week, but i think it was something i ate.

bighairedmike

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 10:25:38 PM »

The only trouble i had in the ground was with breathing space. All of these extra fans, who wants them ;D ;)

markecky

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 01:26:28 AM »

We should be very very glad that Millwall brought nobody of fighting type.

There was at least a 100 city and United lads in our end.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 02:29:39 AM »

I have it on good authority that a few "city" firm turned up and left early to cause a bit of trouble with millwall. The amount of police in attendance also made it impossible for anything to go wrong. Though there were 99.9% more coppers than what will be at moss lane against northwich.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 09:47:00 AM »

Just for information there were between 30 and 35 of the most 'well known' Millwall risk group in attendance. Also two differing factions from Man City (one lot of whom got bored and went off to try to ambush the Millwall fans on the way out) one lot from Man United and some excluded Bolton and Stockport hoolies too.

You may well say that there was an overkill situation but the concensus was that without the very visible presence in and around the ground there would have, in all likelihood have been some serious problems which would have taken some sorting out and caused damage to both the physical structure and the reputation of the Football Club (on National TV as well don't forget)

Can we remember the ramifications when the 4th official got hit on the head at Newport last season and how badly that reflected on their Club?

DannyT

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 10:03:43 AM »

I took a drive around the town to see anything and there was nothing.  Saw a quite a few lads from City and United heading towards the ground, but didn't actually see any fighting!

Heard  stupid rumour in the pub (when they finally opened) that it had kicked off on George Street and rubber bullets had to be used, however this was quickly dspelled to be rubbish, as my family had walked through George Street at the time of the said "Battle"

There was definately a strange atmosphere in Alty yesterday.  The pubs that i went in were very nervous i have to say!!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 10:19:16 AM »

It was a dispiriting day to be honest and somehow I didn't enjoy it as much as I should have. I'll be much happier next week when we have 972 at home to Weymouth and a game that I'll really be nervous about.

There were some absolute dickheads at the game yesterday, the £2000 or so they will have contributed to ticket sales (arse only half of it to us) would have been vastly outweighed by the police/stewarding costs.

:(

RocketDan

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 05:56:36 PM »

I saw some guy throw a coin at the millwall keeper at the end of the first half, just before senior scored.

I'd agree with ballers, all these random united and city people were stood next to me smoking weed and chanting manchester la-la-la, took the edge off it for me.

man in the stand

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 07:06:57 PM »

As an Alty fan you felt like a stranger at your home ground   ???... andt crowded to me even at 2,500

crossie

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2007, 11:30:40 PM »

There were a few dick heads around the ground yesterday. Unfortunally it was clear they had know interest in what was going on, on the pitch but insteady, went to stir things with the millwall supporters. In the first half, i saw that coin insident and also i could help but notice a group of Utd or City lads walking down the popular side to try and start some trouble. There not football fans what so ever but thugs

teasybeaver

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2007, 11:40:23 PM »

All the fuss that was made and the only threat of trouble came from the lovely people of Manchester.

Well done to the Millwall fans for ignoring them, its satisfying to know that you had respect for alty fc, unlike tesco!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Can i just say