PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays game
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Todays game  (Read 8031 times)

louise1925

Re: Todays game
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2007, 02:26:46 AM »

I think that considering we are clearly carrying one or two players at the moment, that was a quite extraordinary performance. Sure, Millwall were mediocre, but they are still full time professionals and on paper should really have beaten us by more, especially against ten men! The fact that they didn't is testimony to the overwhelming commitment that the lads showed today in all areas, but particularly at the back. The two centre halves showed that they could both play at a much higher level and both full backs played really well too. I wanted us to play with smiles on our faces and do the club proud. I think we can say that we did that. I don't know about anybody else, but all of a sudden I'm quite positive about Farsley and Weymouth. Let's just hope that Val, Pottsy and Whalley can return and fill some vacancies in midfield. Well done Alty!

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2007, 09:49:14 AM »

These sort of games are what Alty is about,Well done to GH and the lads,shame about the result,but maybe they can carry the form forward into league matches.
Harold

Inaura

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2007, 05:19:38 PM »

we played well, showed passion and enrgy. Senior was a menace for them. Shotton has a great tackle, not much of a passer but  could turn into a pretty special player. We never ran out of steam even after 40 minutes being a man down.

Was pleased with the way the team went at Millwall, I was quite surprised as I thought Millwall were quite poor for a lot of the time, they had some good individual players but on a team level didn't look too hot compared to some BSP teams. "We'll see you in the conference" type play.

Shame about the result but could be a great boost for moral of the players. Well done.

Hamilton

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2007, 05:21:51 PM »

Shame about the result but could be a great boost for moral of the players. Well done.

A performance like that should boost their confidence.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2007, 06:11:51 PM »

i know what your saying but thats not always true
penalties are often given for handball when the player didnt mean to do it
i think it was a penalty but to send hmi off too was ridiculously harsh, spoiled the game too

Referees can have looser definitions of deliberate handball than you may think. For instance putting your arms in a position where the ball is likely to hit them may be considered as deliberate handball despite the player not actually moving his arms toward the ball.

If the correct decision was to give a penalty (which it was) then the referee had no other choice than to send him off.

Latest 'guidance' relating to handball refers to the question of whether the players hand/arm was in a 'normal' position or not. If not i.e. stuck out at 90 degrees or above his head then a free kick or penalty is always likely to be the outcome. I don't believe that protecting ones face, however normal a reaction, is a 'normal position'
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays game