News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Can we not just get on with it ......

Author Topic: Can we not just get on with it ......  (Read 2147 times)

The Fan

« on: August 29, 2007, 09:59:12 AM »

I realise that I may get peaked for this but can we not just get on with trying to get up this league?

Every other day there is another story about the Chairman, Manager and/or players being unhappy and having to speak out to defend each other. It started with a few fans venting their spleen and now has seemingly snowballed. I thought that we had move on from this.

The facts are that 99.99% of Alty are fully behind the team and GH and 100% of fans are well aware and are fully appreciative of what he has done for the club. He should know that Alty fans will back him and the lads to the end. Saturday was, for me, absolutely dismal, but I (and several hundred others) applauded the lads off the park and they responded.

Can we move on?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 01:40:00 PM by The Fan »

Knutsford Alty

Re: Can we not just get on with it ......
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 10:30:50 AM »

Of course we can move on, in fact the process already started on Monday at Stafford. 

Stafford were there for the taking on Monday, daft penalty to give away after taking the lead.  Yet another tough game (arnt they all) at Moss Lane this Saturday.  Three points please............

COME ON ALTY

baldrick

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 11:32:26 AM »

The manager has said the club are not ready to move on. He still sees survival as a successful season. Most fans back him but a minority are getting frustrated by what they see as a lack of ambition. There is no doubt the club have made progress with off the field activities but how long will it be before we can go to a game expecting to win rather than hoping not to lose?

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 12:49:23 PM »

He should know that true Alty fans will back him and the lads to the end

Er, just because we don't all worship the ground GH walks on and we don't think he can't do any wrong, doesn't mean that we don't support the team or indeed support him in general.

I think it's amusing that fans get slated for supposedly not being 'true fans' by being critical of some of GH's tactics, but he seemingly is entitled to have a moan about the fans. If he can't handle the situation, he shouldn't be there.

The Fan

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 01:38:26 PM »

I dont worship the ground he walks on. I thought his "performance" in the dugout against Exeter was embarassing. The theme to my post is that we should all move on.

ps I have edited the word "true" out of my original post to reduce any offence

teasybeaver

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 02:41:04 PM »

Not sure its a bad thing to criticise his tactics. Ive never heard anyone get slated because they're critical of the way the team play. From everything thats been said, most fans are pretty dis-heartened by our tactics and performance of late.

Did GH lose it with a fan simply being critical of the tactics?

In any case, it seems to me that a few people have their own agendas with GH, which is fair enough, but if they don't wish to discuss them they should be left out completely instead of the random remarks that get made. This ongoing thing with the management is holding us back, you can tell from Col Littles comments that it is having an effect on the squad.

The Fan is perfectly right, no offence CB but all this GH stuff needs to be put to bed so we can do what supporters do best....SUPPORT!

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 03:10:24 PM »

i thought supporters were best at critisising?

teasybeaver

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 03:51:39 PM »

;D ;D ;D

Ive never seen the forum so negative. Anyone would think we were expecting to be title challengers. I can only dream that one day dennis will get on the internet! Then we'd see some criticism!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 04:17:52 PM »

;D ;D ;D

Ive never seen the forum so negative. Anyone would think we were expecting to be title challengers.

The disappointing performance against Grays last Saturday appears to have knocked the stuffing out of quite a few of the Alty diehards.
Even Ecky has sounded despondent since that game!

I just think that the club really needs a lift at present, whether it be via the arrival of a new forward (or left back!) or a variation of tactics or something else.

Nobody's expecting us to play total football a la the Dutch team of 1974....but a few shots at goal would be nice!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team