Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 If this happened at Alty..this link would just kill you..

Author Topic: If this happened at Alty..this link would just kill you..  (Read 1973 times)

Alty365

Re: If this happened at Alty..this link would just kill you..
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 01:46:08 PM »

Made me feel quite sad reading that.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 01:55:56 PM »

I'll have the signed leicester shirt for a fiver

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 11:16:58 PM »

Call me a cynical and heartless swine but I have to confess that I really can't get too upset about the whole Scarborough demise.

Perhaps it's the lingering resentment over the outstanding funds regarding the Ellender transfer.....or the fact that they squandered all that money they collected after playing Chelsea in the FA Cup?

Or perhaps it's just that I still detest them for beating Alty in the 1977 FA Trophy semi-final?   
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Alty365

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 11:27:15 PM »

As a genuine fan, you feel for other genuine fans. Scarborough's fans did not deserve to lose their club any more than we'd have deserved to lose ours in recent years (had things turned out differently). I felt bitter about the Ellender affair too, but the bottom line is that the true fans of Scarborough do not deserve the heartbreak of having to watch their club be dismantled bit by bit, trophies and all. I know how I'd feel if I were in their shoes and it was ultimately not their financial mismanagement which ultimately brought the club to its knees.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 11:32:02 PM »

As a genuine fan, you feel for other genuine fans. Scarborough's fans did not deserve to lose their club any more than we'd have deserved to lose ours in recent years (had things turned out differently). I felt bitter about the Ellender affair too, but the bottom line is that the true fans of Scarborough do not deserve the heartbreak of having to watch their club be dismantled bit by bit, trophies and all. I know how I'd feel if I were in their shoes and it was ultimately not their financial mismanagement which ultimately brought the club to its knees.

I did admit to being a heartless swine!

And, as an impressionable young Robins fan back then, that defeat in 1977 really did hurt!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Alty365

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 11:34:39 PM »

I did admit to being a heartless swine!

And, as an impressionable young Robins fan back then, that defeat in 1977 really did hurt!

That fixture predates my birth by 4 years. Perhaps if I was carrying the mental scars from that tie I would feel differently.   :)

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 07:12:53 PM »

Call me a cynical and heartless swine but I have to confess that I really can't get too upset about the whole Scarborough demise.

Perhaps it's the lingering resentment over the outstanding funds regarding the Ellender transfer.....or the fact that they squandered all that money they collected after playing Chelsea in the FA Cup?

Or perhaps it's just that I still detest them for beating Alty in the 1977 FA Trophy semi-final?   

Since the whole saga with Ellender we are now back in the Conference, financially secure.  Scarborough have gone bust, with the reformed club way down the pyramid.  I think its fair to say that one club has emerged far better off in the long run than the other...
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 If this happened at Alty..this link would just kill you..