PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ashley Cricket Club beer festival and AFC staff/supporters cricket team
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ashley Cricket Club beer festival and AFC staff/supporters cricket team  (Read 3495 times)

Foz

On Friday night, An Altrincham FC staff/supporters team will take on a Sale Sharks Supporters team in a 20/20 cricket Match as part of the Ashley CC Beer Festival.

The AFC team will include Grahame Rowley, Neil Tolson, Ian Senior, Luke Pickering and various fans. I hear the Sale Supporters team may include Hendre Fourie, the former England Rugby Union international.

The Match will take place at Railway Field, Ashley (postcode WA14 3QE ) start as close to 6pm as possible.

Details of the beer festival can be found at http://www.ashleycricketclubbeerfestival.com/this%20year.html

bighairedmike

Is this a closed pool for selection? Fuming there are no open trials for the supporters side.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

I was gutted not to be approached as well.  ::)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Hamilton

(If it was practical) I would love to get my arm over again and beat my duck hoodoo at Ashley!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Is this a closed pool for selection? Fuming there are no open trials for the supporters side.
this club has gone from a family  non league club  to a prawn sandwich  conference premier boys club in weeks

Disgusting
ParkINson's red and white army

Jenga

When was this decided? Who is the team.

I have played cricket to a very good standard and would have loved to have been part of this.

Not happy at all.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

I have played cricket to a very good standard and would have loved to have been part of this.

Not happy at all.
maybe they have been doing cricket training after the football training weekly ?

bighairedmike

Not happy at all.
maybe they have been doing cricket training after the football training weekly ?

Football season finishes, cricket season starts. You snooze you lose boys...

In all seriousness though, this is a fantastic event, and a superb occasion for real ale enthusiasts to try some more ales out. There's always a live band on in the evenings too and I'd urge as many of you to try and make it down and support it as many members of Ashley CC support Alty and our fundraisers etc too.

Beaver

Not happy at all.

You in a nutshell. How are your knobbly knees?

Jenga

Not happy at all.

Football season finishes, cricket season starts. You snooze you lose boys...

In all seriousness though, this is a fantastic event, and a superb occasion for real ale enthusiasts to try some more ales out. There's always a live band on in the evenings too and I'd urge as many of you to try and make it down and support it as many members of Ashley CC support Alty and our fundraisers etc too.

This is the issue, there was no mention of this Supporters team on the forum. It is clearly an us and them situation the same as the football.

Jenga

Sorry just read this thread again and see it says Cricket, not Crochet. My apologies.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Sorry just read this thread again and see it says Cricket, not Crochet. My apologies.
bloody time wasters

Anyway I'm not letting this drop

I used to be the best in my class at navigation road at speed cricket

I have been training for 31 years for an opportunity like this

Jenga

I was brill as Subuteo cricket as well.

Hamilton

I was brill as Subuteo cricket as well.

But which is better? Subuteo cricket or "Test match" cricket?

There's only one way to find out......

FFFIIIIIIGGGGGGHHHHHHHTTTTTTTT!

taxi Phil

(If it was practical) I would love to get my arm over again and beat my duck hoodoo at Ashley!

It's my leg I want to get over again.......
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ashley Cricket Club beer festival and AFC staff/supporters cricket team