News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 As you were everyone

Author Topic: As you were everyone  (Read 2008 times)

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
As you were everyone
« on: May 18, 2011, 01:42:03 PM »

http://www.messengernewspapers.co.uk/sport/9033927.Alty_players_show_their_commitment_to_the_club/

All will be aware of the reduced budget and wgaes. Down to the new manager to decide who he sees doing a job for us in the BSN. Got to be good news given those highlights of the Telford - Guiseley game where Meechan, O'Neill and Peyton were on show eh?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: As you were everyone
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 01:47:23 PM »

What a great shot in the arm this should be for all Alty fans! It's really cheered me up anyway.  ;D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

markecky

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 01:49:41 PM »

I suppose this is excellent news. 

It will at least allow the new manager to choose some of them instead of making do with whats left.

bighairedmike

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 02:06:34 PM »

I've not taken to all the hype about Twiss being the only person that we will have next year, because at this time of year everyones contracts are out, it wasn't just us going down and all the players walking away.

However, the bit that has really boosted my confidence is this... “They all said they wanted to stay. Whether that will be possible remains to be seen, but I thought that was fantastic. They are all free agents, except for Michael, but no-one has jumped ship, and some even told me they have turned down offers from other clubs, because they want to see what is happening with us first.”

I think that is great news. Obviously with Piergianni, Greg Young, Connors and Baynes going back to their parent clubs there is space to fill, and I'm sure the new manager will want to trim the squad and get in a couple of players here and there that are his own. However, IF (and it is an if) we can keep a core group of last years players together I think we will have a good shout of being towards the top of the table next year.

Steve-o

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 02:19:20 PM »

Booster

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 07:06:05 PM »

Obviously I'm not expecting us to walk the BSN, but this is the best news we've had in ages.

roytonmike

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 07:34:08 PM »

"They want to see what is happening with us first." It is good that last season's squad are not voting with their feet, but essentially what they are doing is keeping their options open. Most of them will realise that if the new broom, whoever he may be, offers them terms they won't get many (if any) better offers from elsewhere - those that don't may have a rather higher opinion of their capabilities than is warranted. Two cheers rather than three for this news, I think - but nice to have any cheers ...

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 08:09:12 PM »

We are the NEWCASTLE of the BSN, our players will be decent in the BSN, but to moderate to interest anyone in the top flght, much like the newcastle players that ended up staying and leading them back to the premiership.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 As you were everyone