News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 As we dont have a game this week...perhaps you fancy watching some rugby

Author Topic: As we dont have a game this week...perhaps you fancy watching some rugby  (Read 3740 times)

bumble

when i was in year 7, my pe teacher died suddenly

Due to his mad passion for sport, our school set up an annual rugby match in his honour - played between altrincham grammar XI and sale grammar XI

I knew the man prior to being at school, having grown up watching my brother play under him, and family working at the school

So the match is  on Wednesday night at Heywood Road (where sharks used to play) normally great quality game with passion from both sides

So feel free to attend - Begins at 7, with the bar open and generally a nice way to remember one of the nicest men you could ever want

joe

What was his name? Was he a teacher at AGS?

bumble

no at sale, and Mr Hindle

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

I watched a very enjoyable game of Rugby yesterday which resulted in a 24-8 massacre  ;D

taxi Phil

I watched a very enjoyable game of Rugby yesterday which resulted in a 24-8 massacre  ;D
Pity about some of the previous results..........you won a battle, but the war was over.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

The game was played for many years before Mr hindle passed, however i will agree he was a very nice guy and the game was something he always looked forward to when i was in the team... playing in the stadium was a massive change from playing on the local fields.

I wish I was in Manchester to come along and support sale in what will be as always a real lesson in rugby from the best rugby school in Trafford.

bighairedmike

The game was played for many years before Mr hindle passed, however i will agree he was a very nice guy and the game was something he always looked forward to when i was in the team... playing in the stadium was a massive change from playing on the local fields.

I wish I was in Manchester to come along and support sale in what will be as always a real lesson in rugby from the best rugby school in Trafford.

Ambrose aren't playing though Andy...  ;)

When are you back btw? It seems like the last time I saw you was your 21st. You've just disappeared since then...

fuertes

I can take or leave rugby union, but as an Alty Grammar Old Boy, I hope they smash the Sale mob  ;D

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

When are you back btw? It seems like the last time I saw you was your 21st. You've just disappeared since then...

I'm back most weekends, but by the time i've organised seeing family and all that jazz, i'm missing out on my first love...

I'm aiming to get to at least two of the last three games this year

you be there Duke?

bighairedmike

I'm back most weekends, but by the time i've organised seeing family and all that jazz, i'm missing out on my first love...

you be there Duke?

Duke? How dare you.  ;D He's gone old school seeing as he isn't in Wales anymore. Depending on work and money I am planning to do Fleetwood, Grimsby and Eastbourne. Not entirely sure why I am choosing ones with an insane travel distance from here but, hey ho.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

you be there Duke?

Duke? How dare you.  ;D He's gone old school seeing as he isn't in Wales anymore. Depending on work and money I am planning to do Fleetwood, Grimsby and Eastbourne. Not entirely sure why I am choosing ones with an insane travel distance from here but, hey ho.

sorry big haired, i'm not with it today!

Butty

Any idea how much entry is? Can't find anything on the Facebook page, but I will be going anyway (complete in Ambrose shirt).

bumble

£5 ive been told..

bumble

* £3 on the door
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 As we dont have a game this week...perhaps you fancy watching some rugby