PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 So who stays and who goes?
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: So who stays and who goes?  (Read 5777 times)

62vintage

Re: So who stays and who goes?
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2010, 07:58:51 PM »

I think that our first problem is going to be keeping all of the players the manager wants. After the way we have played this season I would be very suprised if clubs with more  money to spend dont come in for some of them.
My thoughts are that we need a goal scorer so hopefully Dale will be fit and another creative midfielder. With regards to Mcaliskey I would monitor his fitness during the close and pre season as I think he is worth a chance. Not sure about Brown at left back though but would give him a chance too

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 08:15:17 PM »

Not sure about getting rid of McAliskey now after someone came up with the good point of how much better he would be after a good pre-season, but if I had to say someone, I know people like him but I am unfortunately a critic of this player, Adam Carden.

Why?

because what has he done.

bighairedmike

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 08:54:20 PM »

Not sure about getting rid of McAliskey now after someone came up with the good point of how much better he would be after a good pre-season, but if I had to say someone, I know people like him but I am unfortunately a critic of this player, Adam Carden.

Why?

because what has he done.

I think he's a very useful player. As Ecky says, not the finished article yet.

I think he offers energy, a good pass and not afraid to put in a tackle. Well worth keeping and definitely not the first player I would offload.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2010, 08:57:22 PM »

I obviously haven't seen a lot of Adam Carden yet but from what I've seen he looks a good young prospect and a valuable addition to the squad.

Hopefully he'll stick to his guns and improve with time just like Clee, Williams and others have done in the past. I'm so impressed at the way we've brought players in and improved them the way we have. It's a real testament to the quality of our management and coaching staff.
Come on Alty!

fuertes

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2010, 09:02:56 PM »

I obviously haven't seen a lot of Adam Carden yet but from what I've seen he looks a good young prospect and a valuable addition to the squad.

Hopefully he'll stick to his guns and improve with time just like Clee, Williams and others have done in the past. I'm so impressed at the way we've brought players in and improved them the way we have. It's a real testament to the quality of our management and coaching staff.

Good point. People say, quite correctly, that great players don't always make great managers. However, I bet it doesn't half help our playing squad when two genuinely top class ex-Conference footballers are passing on pearls of wisdom.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2010, 09:07:02 PM »

I bet it doesn't half help our playing squad when two genuinely top class ex-Conference footballers are passing on pearls of wisdom.

Agreed! You simply cannot buy knowledge like that.
Come on Alty!

taxi Phil

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2010, 10:52:38 PM »

I don't suppose we could persuade Adam Carden to get his brother on board ?

JonnyKeen

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2010, 11:24:49 PM »

Very much doubt it Phil as I believe he's Cambridge assistant manager as well.

pedro1982

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2010, 12:00:53 AM »

everyone is goin on bout all these players doran is the one we need to keep , he has everything  paces good on the ball header play any were  , lets not forget he has come from the welsh league !

fuertes

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2010, 12:04:07 AM »

everyone is goin on bout all these players doran is the one we need to keep , he has everything  paces good on the ball header play any were  , lets not forget he has come from the welsh league !

A crucial factor in deciding who to keep  :D

I agree though, Doran looks decent.

markecky

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2010, 12:05:27 AM »

Indeed Pete and welcome to the forum... ;D

lukealty12

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2010, 12:20:21 AM »

I know many will not agree with me here but i believe that a fit welch will get into the team ahead of williams everytime. I think williams has been excellent at times this season but i dont think hes as good as welch, young or smith. I hope we keep hold of welch and he can get a good run next year.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 12:21:55 AM by TheAlty »

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2010, 02:32:53 AM »

For me McAliskey would go. Too many poor performances unfortunately. For a tall guy he is nowhere near as good as Johnson. It really depends on how much McA is being paid. If its the rumoured mars bar and top gear magazine a week, then he can sit on the bench and play 20 minutes every couple of weeks.

Certainly with little going, and McA not being the best striker weve ever had then we would need to look for someone else, or even a midfield player which would release Denham to play as an out and out striker, which i think he is much better at.

I also like Carden, but those shorts he wore against oxford were quite weird. Our midfield is much much better this season.

In defence, if all the guys stay i will be very happy.

Ive also been impressed a bit with Ryan Brown. He's still on loan from the green slime, who would not afford to keep him. Ideally he would be a good addition to the squad, but he is a very similar player to Doughty.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2010, 12:05:37 PM »

I know many will not agree with me here but i believe that a fit welch will get into the team ahead of williams everytime. I think williams has been excellent at times this season but i dont think hes as good as welch, young or smith. I hope we keep hold of welch and he can get a good run next year.

I'd be one of them.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2010, 12:53:47 PM »

Indeed Pete and welcome to the forum... ;D

yeah and lets not forget Carden has come from the unibond premier
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 So who stays and who goes?