PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team for tomorrow
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Team for tomorrow  (Read 9172 times)

chrisrufc

Re: Team for tomorrow
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2008, 04:36:00 PM »

How did Kerr get on?  Another ex Miller

altyf

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2008, 06:06:06 PM »

He looked pretty average to me, had a decent game but not sure he's the answer. As someone said before, he looked like a player that can lose his head easily and get sent off.

markecky

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2008, 06:57:10 PM »

Dont worry, you can rest easy, Bandy ISNT coming back now. After speaking with Graham it became apparent that he would only be a fringe player, and Bandy isnt one for sitting on the bench getting his money, like some other players.
Perhaps its a good job judging by some of the comments on here, its a pity some of you weren't at Mottram Hall last week where he ran rings round some of the players who are 10yrs younger than him!
I take it the 'family' quote was tongue in cheek Ecky? If not, you cant think much of your manager if you think that would be a reason.
He will probably go and play in a lower league for the same money and do a job there. (There's a chance to have a go about the money!!)
Anyway we wish you well for this season, and hope you have signed some hard working players who will train hard and play well enough to keep you up this season.
Good Luck.

Ouch.  Not sure we are going to be offering a lot of money to someone who has had his peak.  No-one doubts his fitness, but there are fit lads at Sale Harriers that are not good centre halfs.

The family comment was not meant as a slight on Graham ( and was actually a compliment to him and you who are nice people). I just meant that he and you are nice people to have about the place, and if Bandy was willing to fill in here and there then it may have worked.  If he thinks he should be playing in the Conference every week then he is not being honest with himself.

At New Mills he will be the main man, they can build the team around him and probably be the top earner. Good luck to him I say but sentiment will get us relegated.

chrisrufc

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2008, 09:48:26 AM »

I'm sure I'm right in saying that last pre season Kerr was a substitute in a game and when he was warming up at half time someone bet him £50 that he couldn't hit the crossbar from the half way line.  Kerr stepped up and hit it first time

mrsband

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2008, 10:17:11 AM »

Ouch.  Not sure we are going to be offering a lot of money to someone who has had his peak.  No-one doubts his fitness, but there are fit lads at Sale Harriers that are not good centre halfs.

The family comment was not meant as a slight on Graham ( and was actually a compliment to him and you who are nice people). I just meant that he and you are nice people to have about the place, and if Bandy was willing to fill in here and there then it may have worked.  If he thinks he should be playing in the Conference every week then he is not being honest with himself.

At New Mills he will be the main man, they can build the team around him and probably be the top earner. Good luck to him I say but sentiment will get us relegated.

I see you rose to the money issue then!!   :) Bandy's motivation has never been the money, and whether he is the top earner or not isnt relevant in my opinion.
Unfortunatley some fans are obsessed with how much players earn, or that some clubs are paying big wages to try and buy promotion. If thats what they want to do, good luck to them, let them get on with it. It happens at all levels, and sometimes frivolity with the cash can pay off, unfortunately not for Hyde last season though!! (shame!)
Anyway, got to go, Max is due to and do his begging on the corner of Market Street to bring some money into the Band household!!!  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

markecky

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2008, 10:44:16 AM »

I think you were having a dig at the wages Alty were offering him and virtually saying " he can get that playing at New Mills, so why bother with the Conference"

So i presume you thought he was worth more than what he was offered.  I was saying he isn't going to worth paying a lot of money to at Conference level.  You're not going to agree with that and I wouldn't expect you to. 

What I am saying is that at New Mills he will be the main man.  He'll still do an excellent job at that level and I am sure New Mills will push the boat out to get him, and as some of the players will probably be on petrol money and a bag of chips, he will be the top earner.

Whether Bandy is a 100% player was never in doubt.

mrsband

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2008, 08:41:01 PM »

I think you were having a dig at the wages Alty were offering him and virtually saying " he can get that playing at New Mills, so why bother with the Conference"

So i presume you thought he was worth more than what he was offered.  I was saying he isn't going to worth paying a lot of money to at Conference level.  You're not going to agree with that and I wouldn't expect you to. 

What I am saying is that at New Mills he will be the main man.  He'll still do an excellent job at that level and I am sure New Mills will push the boat out to get him, and as some of the players will probably be on petrol money and a bag of chips, he will be the top earner.

Whether Bandy is a 100% player was never in doubt.

Actually, they didnt get as far as discussing money so i dont know what would have been on the table and certainly wasnt having a dig at all. My comment WAS purely tongue in cheek, as sometimes people think players will only go for the money even if it means playing at a crap club. Bandy has his reasons for dropping to New Mills level, and I dont necessarily agree! However, I suppose i will be there supporting him nxt week.  :-\

AND..... if you really knew me, you'd know I would be VERY happy with a bag of chips (a large portion) and petrol money (especially with the bloody prices at the moment!).

Dougals Dad

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2008, 09:06:43 PM »

I think we should sign Bandy just so we can get Mrs Bandy back!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team for tomorrow