News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chris Senior

Author Topic: Chris Senior  (Read 3798 times)

Altysmiffy

Chris Senior
« on: January 20, 2007, 07:45:48 PM »

From BBC website: "The visitors had the better of the goalless first half Chris Senior was guilty of squandering numerous opportunities to put them ahead."

I take it that means he is getting himself in good positions & is not afraid to have a go! A bit more of that & we'll get a few more goals.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
Re: Chris Senior
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 07:48:34 PM »

Correct. He didn't  miss anything he created shots for himself. I thought he looked useful.

Two bad teams and don't really know how they managed to get 2 but they did so thats that.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 09:36:37 PM »

It still does not mean we had the correct selection today. It is a team game, and it sounds like we did not have the best starting lineup? :'(

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 08:42:07 AM »

We also do not know who was fully fit which may have effected the team selection.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 09:01:48 AM by gazwarrington »

Altysmiffy

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 09:37:10 AM »

To curtail what could be disruptive dabate, then maybe we should be advised?

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 09:59:21 AM »

All  I was saying is that before people get carried away lets just bare in mind that GH is hardly going to suddenly change the team wihout good reason.  Rather than having big arguements lets just think that one of the reasons may have been the players available for selection.

We have a small squad and sometimes its worth trying people in different positions, especially if you have to.

I can't honestly believe that people would not think that GH would pick the best starting lineup available to him.

I was surprised that Joe played out wide and thought he looked uncomfortable, of course if Bowler was the sort of player that we were expecting we wouldn't have had a problem as he would have at least travelled ?

On paper the team looks the strongest that you could put out, looks a great 4-3-3 team, so not sure why the team selection is being criticised so much. The only thing I might have changed would have been Rod Thornley for O'Neil or Senior, that is of course if Rod was fully fit. Apart from that I do not understand how the team could have been changed for the better ??
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 10:05:30 AM by gazwarrington »

shayman

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 10:40:43 AM »

Sounds like Chris had a decent game - I reckon he'll score in your next game - he needs to just regain his fitness and touch a bit. And always trust your own website over the BBC, they make countless errors in the non league section!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 10:48:02 AM »

Not having a pop at gh, he is the manager, and sure he picks or tries what he thinks will do the best job?

Perhaps because it was away he tried someting different?

I do not see bowler getting a try? Not if he is on the astro yesterday?

Suprised Pat was not on the bench at least he has been great recently.

Other comments say we are not scoring goals, I disagree we have scored as many as most of our rivals, and were not a reliant on Colin this year!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2007, 11:33:52 AM »

Suprised Pat was not on the bench at least he has been great recently.
It has been confirmed that Alty's Pat McFadden and Radcliffe Borough's former Alty striker Lee Hendley will be paired up front for Flixton in their FA Vase tie today.
www.altrinchamfc.com

No idea how he played, but that would explain why Pat was not on the bench (Pat scored for Flixton in a 5-2 loss despite being a sub according to Retford Uniteds Website)

With how we have been playing away maybe we needed to try something different ? But I still say on paper its still the best side we could have put out.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 11:43:15 AM by gazwarrington »

sticky11

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 09:47:38 AM »

Just came on to have a read about how my friend Chris Senior is doing over at your place. Pleased to see that you are all positive about him as Halifax fans are harsh and have been less than complimentary. In my opinion Chris will give you everything he's got, don't be fooled by his height, he can jump and he can run. I hope that when he works up a relationship with the rest of the squad he will be able to play off them and also feed through to them as well. He is also a very nice guy as some of you have already noticed, never stops smiling, great with kids, will score for you I'm sure if he gets the chance.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chris Senior