PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 European Championship final

Poll

Would you go to The Noel White Suite if it opens for the European Championship Final next Sunday?

Yes
- 11 (28.9%)
No
- 22 (57.9%)
Not sure / depends who is playing
- 5 (13.2%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: June 26, 2008, 11:18:05 PM

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: European Championship final  (Read 8476 times)

altyf

Re: European Championship final
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2008, 01:20:25 PM »

I would come, live near by, football fan regardless of whether England are there or not.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2008, 01:23:39 PM »

Mind you the TV coverage was great that year - they didn't need to show the England games did they? ;)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2008, 01:25:06 PM »

Thanks JTH.............my memory lets me down........it must have felt like a loss though at the time !

England are no great shakes so I won't gloat, but I have never understood why Scotland did not achieve much much more in days gone by. Just quickly thinking of some of great players you have had makes me wonder.......Dalglish, Hansen, Wark, Gemmill, Jordan, McQueen, Bremner, Sourpuss, Macaroni, Buchan, McClintock etc.........all the good teams in the 70s were built around jocks
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2008, 01:33:18 PM »

Scotland never achieved anything then because they weren't good enough. Some great players but couldn't get it together as a team - a bit like England now to be honest.

Reading Robin

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2008, 01:46:10 PM »

You can't have an international football tournament without England. I haven't watched any games and i don't care who wins it.

Do you actually like football?  It's been a very good tournament, Croatia and Russia both deserve to be there instead of England.

I'm miles away so won't be watching at ML though.

markecky

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2008, 02:19:04 PM »

Out of interest, can I still be an Alty fan if I haven't really watched Euro 2008?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2008, 02:21:53 PM »

Out of interest, can I still be an Alty fan if I haven't really watched Euro 2008?

You certainly can!

And you can have a goodwin to for being one.

(and another in 0.4 hours for not watching meaningless european finals)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

baldrick

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2008, 02:24:27 PM »

Yes i love football. But it is only interesting when you care who wins. England make a tournament worth watching. We would have more fans than any other country and no team in the tournament can honestly say beating Russia would give them as much pleasure as beating England. I suppose i could put a bet on Croatia to beat Turkey. That looks as near to a certainty as you can get.

baldrick

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2008, 02:29:42 PM »

Markecky...... How did you manage to get 65534 Peake's? I can't get anywhere near that and everybody hates me (except Bighairedmike)

markecky

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2008, 02:34:56 PM »

I just kept on being myself. ;D

I abused my admin powers to make a point when some people were almost in tears when they got peaked.  I must change it back.

I may be a bit of a nob sometimes but not that bad!

baldrick

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2008, 02:40:30 PM »

Ah right. I have always believed there is no point having power if you don't abuse it :)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2008, 06:32:48 PM »

Anyway, back to the point, I'd watch it. Probaly will anyway so just as well have a pint while I watch it.

That said, it will be a beautiful feeling to walk into Moss Lane and watch a football match without absolutely sh*tting myself for the full 90 mins for once  :)

starjammer

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2008, 12:46:56 AM »

You can't have an international football tournament without England. I haven't watched any games and i don't care who wins it.

Seems like they're having one anyway  ;)

starjammer

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2008, 12:59:50 AM »

Yes i love football. But it is only interesting when you care who wins. England make a tournament worth watching. We would have more fans than any other country and no team in the tournament can honestly say beating Russia would give them as much pleasure as beating England. I suppose i could put a bet on Croatia to beat Turkey. That looks as near to a certainty as you can get.
any more tips?  ;)
I put a few quid on Turkey EW @ 25/1 to win it outright. Doubt it will happen, but a value bet in my book.
If I'm not working, I'll be up for it. If Turkey somehow beat Germany, I can drink my winnings - and have a vested interest in the game - nice!  8)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2008, 08:46:13 AM »

Ah Cos England are the 'super force' of World Football that everyone wants to beat cos they are soooo successful... YIP !

Quite enjoyed England not being in it. Means can have a drink in pubs without 'Little Englanders' around me talking rubbish and can go into work without hearing utter tosh from people who watch football once every 2 years but seem to know it all.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 09:02:33 AM by gazwarrington »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 European Championship final