PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The whole Crawley situation
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The whole Crawley situation  (Read 10140 times)

saffendalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: The whole Crawley situation
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2011, 04:35:17 PM »

think they will go on a downward spiral after this, watch their results!!! hopefully they wont go up and will languish in the BSP . poxy town and no history or support. nuff said.

taxi Phil

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2011, 05:35:40 PM »

Oh what a shock ! United name a full strength reserve team ! Only Anderson and O'Shea remain from last week (and they aren't exactly the biggest names). Crawley allegedly bringing 9000 "fans" with them for this "big day". Bet about 8000 of them aren't at the next league match (7000 of them would probably be unable to name the team).

Dougals Dad

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2011, 05:42:15 PM »

Quote on the radio: "Rooney squeezes past Steve Evans in the tunnel"

Is there any other way to get past Evans?

saffend alty

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2011, 06:10:55 PM »

afraid i am watching this-suprised the crawley fans? can remember who they are chanting for. they have made their money, but are unusstainable as a viable lower league club on gate when the backers pull out. banker for southport to win next week!!!!!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2011, 06:17:51 PM »

I have seen better players playing for Altrincham FC (and in the Supporters team) than Bebe and Obertan... Nice of Man U to play with 9 men against the small club of the Conference.

saffend alty

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2011, 06:41:14 PM »

Does monsieur evans "bat for the other side".!! ? only based on his rotund, bald and obviously dyed remnants of hair! but noto saying that this is an obvious indicator of sexual  persuasion!! aploogies if any alty fans remotely fit this description, very unlikely!!!!!!!

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2011, 10:08:20 PM »

The older ones will remember the season we played Everton. We were top of the NPL but after our trip to Old Trafford things changed.
We lost the next game which was a FA Trophy match at Wigan. We looked certs to win the NPL but it all went pear shaped as rubbish teams treated the match with us as their Cup final and a dreadful end of season fixture pile-up didnt help.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2011, 12:47:32 AM »

Just stuck Southport on my lucky 15 for Tues @ 7/1 (bet 365)
Crawley lads will be bolloxed after today...

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2011, 02:03:54 AM »

As amusing as I would find Crawley losing their games in hand and failing to complete their target of promotion due to this cup run, I really hope they win their games in hand when I see what they are (Southport and Hayes at home).....
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2011, 05:13:55 AM »

As amusing as I would find Crawley losing their games in hand and failing to complete their target of promotion due to this cup run, I really hope they win their games in hand when I see what they are (Southport and Hayes at home).....
Agreed. I think Alty collecting more points that the other bottom 6 sides is more important than Crawley failing to win the title, although I would really like to see AFC wimbledon win it - but not by getting 3 points next Saturday!

Jezza

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2011, 08:28:53 AM »

I was incensed by the TV commentator saying "steve evans' disciplinary record is indefensible....but that's history" in an effort to make to make the whole game and situation more palatable and FA Cup 'romantic'....I just wish crawley had had a perfectly good equaliser ruled offside and we'd have seen the true steve evans

I've been to crawley a few times and while I found the people behind the bar and stewards I spoke to reasonably nice people I just find there is an arrogance about the club as a whole.....project promotion being a typically disrespectful term.

Saying that I wish them well in their promotion coz I'd rather see the back of them and keep the lutons and the afc wimbledons........sooner or later you can see the money men getting bored and wondering where the 9,000 from yesterday are every saturday and saying, this town doesn't want a football league club....

taxi Phil

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2011, 10:50:49 AM »

I hope they meet their target, go into League 2, and implode so massively that the "blazers" are compelled to put rigid financial regulations in place. I want them to leather Hayes so we no longer have the worst goal difference in the league.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2011, 12:48:15 PM »

how can the 40% investors from the far east remain anonymous, can they prove that they arn't the majeeds or a gambling consortium which would be against fa rules?
Bernard Taylors barmy army

bumble

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2011, 04:24:39 PM »

WE WES CHEATED

"evans claimed the flag kick should never been given"

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2011, 08:07:45 PM »

Just to prove that I can take a piece of humble pie. Crawley played well yesterday and Evans didnt make a knob of himself to be fair.

That said, there are still a few unanswered questions to be addressed about the backroom setup of the club but that is for others to do..

Personally I would prefer them not to be promoted, I would prefer to see one of the other teams up there go up.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The whole Crawley situation