PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The whole Crawley situation
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The whole Crawley situation  (Read 10144 times)

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« on: February 19, 2011, 02:00:38 AM »

I was listening to 5 five before, and Dan Walker from Football Focus (born in Crawley), was saying it is being blown out of proportion the fees and budget of the club (so yes,apparently 85k per week is the norm for a Conference club) I read in the paper the other day that if they beat United, the players will only get their usual £150 win bonus......so explain this as per official website;

In Friday's "Daily Telegraph", we read that Crawley Town's "Sergio Torres has paid for a £1,000 ticket for his father, Raúl, to fly in for the game". Torres says, "I told him I would use the money from our win bonus in the last round towards his ticket, so I have paid for it".

I really hope they get tonked tomorrow, then take it out on Southport at the Broadfield on Tuesday
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

taxi Phil

Re: The whole Crawley situation
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 02:46:05 AM »

Crawley. Sick of hearing their fkn name every 5 minutes. Arsed about their poxy cup run. End of.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 05:59:19 AM »

While i Dont agree with all that has gone on at Crawley,lets not keep knocking the club it just makes us sound like a load of jealous whingers.Yes their manager has had some shadey deals done(or so we have heard) and no one knows where their backer gets his money from,his business though.If we had someone come allong and said heres £1000000 or whatever for the club we would all think its Christmas and would hope that the manager could get in the best players he could.I for one will NOT be watching Uniteds cup game,and am not bother who goes through,just as long as City win the FA Cup this season.
Let Crawley Be and let them get on with life wherever it takes em.I am an Alty Fan and thats all that counts.
Harold

Steve-o

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 09:00:28 AM »

Agreed, let them have their day and let's focus on our own football club

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 09:17:24 AM »

Whilst I agree that if I am honest we have given Creepy some stick on here and I include myself in that,  having said that, they are a particulary obnoxious club. Even Sir Alex was reported as saying in an interview that "Crawley are the best  non league side for quite a while" How the fk do you work that out Mr F? You wouldnt have said that about West Ham for example in the premiership.

As said previously Creepy have won regardless, Cup runs for non league clubs are all about the finances and they have hit the jackpot, but as for them being a top non league team for a while! Not convinced about that quote....

I still hope they get a battering.

Butty

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 09:50:57 AM »

Just seen 2 Crawley fans on the BBC Breakfast programme- arrogant arseholes. Apparently Sir Alex was at the Wrexham match the other night- so there was more United supporters than Crawley fans.

GoneFishing

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 10:27:39 AM »

Crawley are just the latest in a long line of non league clubs run by slightly dodgy characters who are hoping to make a name for themselves. Like most new towns the place is a dump and the majority of people who live there support one of the big London clubs. But they have earned the right to be in the cup and they hit the jackpot when the draw was made. I expect Fergie to put out a team of reserves with a few of the regulars on the bench just incase it all goes wrong. The £41 admission price is a disgrace and the Glazers must be held responsible. The sooner that family sell up and go back to Baseball or whatever silly American game they are involved in the better it will be for United and football in general. My prediction 3-0 to United.

bumble

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 10:34:55 AM »

True lad - Hoping that karma redeems itself in the big FA Cup game tomorrow. Nothing against Crawley but can't stand a convicted fraudster basking in the glory of managing his team at Old Trafford whilst one of his previous clubs is still repairing the damage he has done and the 3 million pound of debt he drove the club to hopingforabitofkarmaLAD

“You don’t sign ball players like Tubbs, Torres and Gibson not to play and we are trying to win promotion passing and moving.

“For us to do that on Saturday we are probably going to need two balls on the pitch! But we have to remember we are there to compete and try to win the match. " -  loved hearing he feels he could pull off an upset
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 10:42:05 AM by bumble »

mikeford2005

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2011, 11:53:25 AM »

While i Dont agree with all that has gone on at Crawley,lets not keep knocking the club it just makes us sound like a load of jealous whingers.Yes their manager has had some shadey deals done(or so we have heard) and no one knows where their backer gets his money from,his business though.If we had someone come allong and said heres £1000000 or whatever for the club we would all think its Christmas and would hope that the manager could get in the best players he could.I for one will NOT be watching Uniteds cup game,and am not bother who goes through,just as long as City win the FA Cup this season.
Let Crawley Be and let them get on with life wherever it takes em.I am an Alty Fan and thats all that counts.

I've got to disagree with this. We've seen how other clubs have ended up after abit of money invested, and almost had it happen to ourselves! I'd rather some of the money was invested in the ground to increase off field income and then the remaining split over the playing budget for the next 5 years or so.

Jacko

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2011, 12:27:55 PM »

I say go on crawley give the horrible rags a good non league hiding, anyway do u lot actually like any clubs anymore its mindnumbingly boring listening to jealous rants, football is corrupt that's life

fuertes

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 12:40:58 PM »

There are plenty of clubs for whom I have respect. If it had been Wimbledon drawn away at a Prem team, I'm sure we'd all be wishing them well. However, Crawley are a horrid little club and the media's ridiculous claims about how we all should be supporting them are only annoying me more.

ALTYGAL

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 02:47:31 PM »

Ever tried to have a conversation with a crawley fan ? Just tried whilst at petrol station- 50yr + fan decked in his sun sponsored strip “bet you're  excited about today, great day for the fans” reply with no expression “yeah” “ here's a contrast for you I'm on way to watch alty” “ yeah” conversation dead! Well all week I've been saying despite what's gone on behind the scenes what a great day for their fans - well I hope they have their 15mins of fame fly into the league and then implode and take their rude, monosalamic fans with you. I for one would rather support a team with history and true fans that enjoy football fully.

bigcol

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 03:22:25 PM »

monosalamic fans

Couldn't agree more - I think real fans take at least 2 salamis with them to every match.

On a less cheeky note and back to topic, I just want rid.  They are an anomalous boil on non-league football, and indeed football in general.  Let them get promoted and out of our sphere of interest.  When their mysterious backers  pull out or turn out to be drug barons or from the Thaskin "Frank" Shinawatra school of wealth acquisition, they'll drop like a stone and Pheonix Town will be playing in the Balsa Wood League 4.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2011, 04:02:28 PM »

The big problem with the Crawley situation is that it sends the wrong message to everyone that would like to believe in the saying 'Cheats never prosper'.
They ripped off lots of businesses, schools and people in West Sussex. I wonder how that coach company that made them drive to Alty a couple of seasons ago feels today? I bet he is not too impressed with his local heros. And the Majeeds are still around including ownership of that Ja Ja bar and involvement with Crawley Cricket Club,IF IF they are not still involved with CTFC. I hope United hit them for a cricket score but Alex will be more concerned in avoiding injuries.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2011, 04:17:37 PM »

I hope United hit them for a cricket score but Alex will be more concerned in avoiding injuries.

Oh so do I, I intend watching but can't guarantee to see it through.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team