News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Can we change a winning team?

Author Topic: Can we change a winning team?  (Read 3713 times)

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: March 18, 2010, 09:00:40 PM »

Kettering was the best we have played in a long time, with a team that would not be many peoples first choice. Assuming players are fit to return, would you change anyone or start with the same eleven?
The big question mark I have is would I swap McAliskey for Col, did he do enough on Tuesday to keep his place?

Altyant

Re: Can we change a winning team?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 09:04:02 PM »

I would guess at the moment its about playing those who are fit and we may need to see some rotation of the squad

Think 'Big John' certainly did enough to be considered for a starting place

JonnyKeen

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 09:04:42 PM »

At the moment I think it should be Mac or maybe even Denham. I know I'm going to be drowning in peakes but I don't think Col is good enough, through no fault of his own and I admire everything he's done for us but he's just not cutting the mustard at the moment. It's almost another Robbie Lawton situation.

HOWEVER that's not to say we shouldn't still let him have the chance to improve and perhaps give him a sub appearence.

Sorry not trying to slate Col, not saying we should write him off completely but I just don't think we should always judge him on his past performances when at the moment we perhaps have better players.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 09:12:44 PM by AltyEgo »

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 09:17:46 PM »

At the moment I think it should be Mac or maybe even Denham. I know I'm going to be drowning in peakes but I don't think Col is good enough, through no fault of his own and I admire everything he's done for us but he's just not cutting the mustard at the moment. It's almost another Robbie Lawton situation.

HOWEVER that's not to say we shouldn't still let him have the chance to improve and perhaps give him a sub appearence.

How on earth can you compare little and lawton?? yes colin hasnt had the best of the season, BUT everytime he plays it adds more creative options for the whole squad. Colin's awareness of the game is second to none, he's always looking for space and trying to create options.
Mac played very well against kettering. Denham offers a fiendish option on the right, or carden is good option as well.
It would depend on the formation we use.

JonnyKeen

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 09:20:13 PM »

Yes, I agree with what you're saying but I still think perhaps we should try him more as an impact player. I know my post was harsh but I tried to be constructive that's just my opinion.

P.S:I rate Col a lot higher than Lawton.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 09:24:16 PM by AltyEgo »

BENNY20TENNIS

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 09:44:29 PM »

As anyone who was there on Tuesday night, how can we change that team??

Any player that is dropped must wonder what they have to do    even McAliskey who improved with the confidence of his goal

You could see Denham playing a part or Little

BUT as for the fit again Robbie Lawton.............  Not wanting to be negative  BUT...........

Please do not put him straight back in

How can he compare with the rest of the midfielders we have?

Slower, gets booked regularly, can't tackle

But apart from that

Good luck on Saturday.  Carry on from Tuesday and we can't ask for anything more, even if we lose against another  "top" team

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 10:25:35 PM »

The only thing lacking with Colin is 'match' fitness.Even on Saturday,when many thought he probably had his worst game for us,and looking rusty,he showed some nice touches and great control,but the final ball to Senior/Denham was poor and collected by York.

There is no doubt that a fully fit Colin Little will still get you 15-20 goals a season. The only cause for concern is will we ever see him fully fit again.If he feels in the summer that his body cannot take it anymore,then he should leave as a true Alty legend and not go on a further season where his reputation could go down. However, I really hope this is not the case and he gets back to full fitness and bangs in 20 goals again next season.

Based on what I heard about Tuesday, there is no need to change,so stick with the same side.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

jimmyhank

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 10:32:27 PM »

Why change a winning formula? However, Cote will have done his homework on R&D and may make tactical changes to suit.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 11:36:51 PM »

IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT!

D.A. ALTY

• Regular First Team
  • ALTY F.C TILL I FUKIN DIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 01:39:33 AM »

LITTLE is an ALTY legend,  but due to injuries, is not as good as was , but he still has a BIG part 2 play in a team that is short on players,   long live the LEGEND !!

fuertes

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 07:40:50 AM »

The Cote and Kenny might have identified a Rushden weakness,and change the team accordingly, but personally I wouldn't change anything.

markecky

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 08:41:46 AM »

We were carrying a few knocks after the game on Tuesday, I am sure there will be changes to be honest.

Jezza

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2010, 08:59:59 AM »

Is it a new forum rule that we have to have the word fiendish in every thread?

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2010, 10:08:19 AM »

fiendish fiendish fiendish fiendish

Jenga

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2010, 01:00:52 PM »

Kettering had short centre backs so in came macca maybe?

Rushden might have people who are better in the air so we need to play the ball on the ground more, in comes Little.

Who knows, but I am sure that R and D will have been watched and we put out a team accordingly.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team