Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Have the club bothered to put up Vics match posters yet?

Author Topic: Have the club bothered to put up Vics match posters yet?  (Read 2798 times)

david sneddon

« on: February 02, 2009, 01:52:41 PM »

No sign when I walked past this morning   No bleating about the size of crowd if they cannot be bothered to tell anyone it is on

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Have the club bothered to put up Vics match posters yet?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 02:07:06 PM »

To be fair, if true, that is pretty poor. Maybe the game will be off but we can't work on that assumption.

On the subject of advertising games, I was out in Dartford town centre on Saturday afternoon and there was a great big banner advertising their local derby against Maidstone. I couldn't help thinking how much we could do with that kind of publicity for our home matches - I bet it would make a difference to us no matter how small!
Come on Alty!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 02:09:51 PM »

Must admit very strange that no posters were put up. We should assume the game is on?

andrewflynn

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 05:28:47 PM »

theres alot of people from my school going, theyve been told through word of mouth.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 08:54:55 PM »

Posters up this evening!!

Game must be on  ;D

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 09:23:39 PM »

Posters up this evening!!

What on earth is the point doing it 24 hours before the game, though? We've had a whole week since the York game where people could have walked past the ground/other places and seen that we were playing our local derby match, one of the biggest games of the season. All these people actually saw was blank notice boards - even if this means we get 10 fewer people through the gate, that equates to around £100 (minimum) in lost revenue.

I'm sorry for the rant but this sort of thing really irritates me. You can't just assume people will know when games are going to be played.

Incidentally, the aforementioned game between Dartford and Maidstone attracted a crowd of 2,013 on Saturday and I feel certain that their town centre advertisement of the fixture helped quite a bit.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 09:33:13 PM by ALTY 1981 »
Come on Alty!

bighairedmike

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 09:42:22 PM »

Maybe they were waiting for confirmation that the game would go ahead or something along those lines?

We have had the debate about a big banner before, i'll try and find the thread.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 09:45:04 PM »

Are you going to pay my petrol for the 500 mile round trip?

Darren, you can't always respond to a criticism by saying "well, why don't YOU do it then?".

We have a full time manager who has part time players - I would have thought he has a spare half hour during the week to stick up a few posters? Or is he not the "jack of all trades" he claims to be when he has a Setanta Sports camera thrust in front of him?

Frankly, this "why don't you volunteer, then?" attitude pisses me right off. The club sometimes gets things wrong, accept it.
Come on Alty!

Jimbo Alty FC

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 09:57:11 PM »

Pitch Inspection at moss lane tomorrow lunch time hopefully will be on as for the posters i've been moaning since wednesday why isn't there a poster up finaly there is

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 10:01:38 PM »

Are you going to pay my petrol for the 500 mile round trip?

Darren, you can't always respond to a criticism by saying "well, why don't YOU do it then?".

We have a full time manager who has part time players - I would have thought he has a spare half hour during the week to stick up a few posters? Or is he not the "jack of all trades" he claims to be when he has a Setanta Sports camera thrust in front of him?

Frankly, this "why don't you volunteer, then?" attitude pisses me right off. The club sometimes gets things wrong, accept it.

Pisses me off people come on here to critise under false names asking questions why arn't the poster up what i'm on about is why can't they just phone up to ask its that simple.
@AltyDaz

joe

Have the club bothered
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 10:13:00 PM »

No one's going to phone up about a game they don't even know is taking place! I'm not having a go at any volunteers because i know they all do a fantastic job but it's poor form that we've not had these posters up earlier to advertise the match.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Have the club bothered
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 10:15:05 PM »

No one's going to phone up about a game they don't even know is taking place! I'm not having a go at any volunteers because i know they all do a fantastic job but it's poor form that we've not had these posters up earlier to advertise the match.

I am on about the fans who know the game is on as per the fixture list all they had to do was ask the club the question
@AltyDaz

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Have the club bothered
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 10:19:53 PM »

I am on about the fans who know the game is on as per the fixture list all they had to do was ask the club the question

Has nobody at the club yet cottoned onto the fact that the forum is a tool used by many supporters for asking questions and expressing opinions on things? Instead, the forum basically gets shunned by the club as some sort of sacriligious breeding ground for "non-believers".

The fact remains that the posters should have been up last week, and if you're telling me nobody had 20 minutes in which to do this job then I disagree in the strongest possible way.
Come on Alty!

Jezza

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2009, 04:16:33 AM »

There is normally a good reason for the posters not being up.

Asking in a why can they not be bothered type esque way is just gonna get backs up.

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team