News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 NLP Star Match report

Author Topic: NLP Star Match report  (Read 2098 times)

Nonleaguer

NLP Star Match report
« on: January 18, 2009, 09:46:24 AM »

Having just read the NLP report on Oxford v Altrincham I felt compelled to send the following e-mail:

Sirs,

Having been one of the hardy Alty followers to travel to the Kassam Stadium yesterday I would like to take issue with the blatant biased reporting by Chris Dunlavy. Of particular note was his mention of the referee Mr Coote who he described as a “star performer” that statement is in fact true if he pulled on a yellow shirt because realistically he was Oxford’s man of the match as his decisions had more influence on their game than any of the players!

The number of bookings and a red card issued in a match that in most games would not even merit a single card was beyond belief.

Unfortunately as more and more people give credit to such inept performances these referees will rise through the ranks and end up spoiling games at a much higher level. The quicker he gets “promoted” from this league the less opportunity he will have to spoil games for people like myself and the other fans who travel far and wide to enjoy a game of football.

As far the references to Constable having a great game, if it wasn’t too late to submit a video of his “supposed” altercation to get Greg Young disciplined I think he would probably earn himself a BAFTA. Too much time is given to the likes of the “bigger” clubs like Oxford who think that they shouldn’t be at this level of football but at the end of the day results tell the story and they should shake that particular chip off their shoulder.

Best regards

I realistically don’t expect this to be printed because after all we don’t like to ruffle the feathers of the bigger clubs do we?

For those who travelled as I did yesterday are my views accurate or not?

Dougals Dad

Re: NLP Star Match report
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 10:11:44 AM »

I wasn't there, but the impression I got as an armchair viewer was that the ref seemed to think the fans were there to swatch him

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 10:21:32 AM »

I have not read the NLP report yet but I was at the match yesterday.
The whistle happy clown of a ref completely ruined the match. It was a case of the Ref ensuring that he was the main attraction not the players. He was dishing out yellow cards to Alty players for fouls where it is debateable that they were actually infringments. In complete conradiction of this he hardly ever blew for a foul against Dale Johnson. Everytime Dale made himself available for becoming part of the play the Oxford Centre half had his hands on him, even when he was nowhere near the ball.(although I will admit that he was not actually pushing). I have just seen an incident on match of the day where a penalty was given for doing this on Benni McCarthy. All the Oxford players were performing like they were on a theatre stage.  One particular player has continually cheated against us for the past 4 years (including for his previous club) and will continue to do so while refs allow it. I ask why he gets away with it? I would also point out that this was not a dirty game. And Oxford cannot point to our so call physical reputation as when I last looked we were 4th in the fair play league.
I thought we played quite well yesterday and were severly hinderd by the stop and start tactics. Maybe it was a fair result but a point would not have been an injustice.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 12:59:53 PM »

Yep most of the observations are correct. However the ref was poor for both sides. How the ref didnt book people for some fouls, yet booked others for small Misdemeanour's (like the two yellows when a free-kick wasn’t even awarded). Looking back, only one yellow was given for a proper foul, (doughty) with Danylyk's both coming from shirt pulls, and young from an mysterious altercation with constable. Oxford, along with constable had Chapman booked, for a shirt pull, where the ref played advantage.

Even added time at the end of the game didn’t add up. we had 6 subs (30 seconds each) and 1 goal (30 seconds) plus at least 3 minutes for the Young-constable debacle. which is app 6mins 30 seconds. we played less than 4.

Unfortunately, the ref wasn’t helped by his poor assistants either who often made curious and altogether baffling decisions. Certainly one of the worst i have seen this season.

I thought we played quite well, certainly created a couple of chances we should have scored. And oxford's goal came from a quick throw where we were a little sloppy defending.

markecky

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 08:43:55 PM »

I see what you mean know...

"the ref was determined to let the game flow, playing advantage at every chance and pulling his cards out only for the most cycnical of fouls"

I have never seen so many free kicks in a match!

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 10:33:21 PM »

I have now read this report and its incredible.
If he saw this match he is giving a very strange overview and not being neutral at all.
From what is written I question if he was actually at the match - it is that bad.
This report portrays the views of a very,very bias Oxford fan.

fuertes

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 11:29:52 AM »

Although the stats would appear to back up all of you in disputing the accuracy of the report, when I listened to the radio in the first half the commentators were singing the ref's praises all the way through (and this was at 0-0). I suppose you might expect that from Oxfordshire Radio though if he was giving everything to Oxford.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 NLP Star Match report