PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Colin Little
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Colin Little  (Read 5545 times)

RocketDan

Colin Little
« on: January 17, 2009, 10:01:19 PM »

2 goals in the 15 games since november 1st.

should we start to worry, or is he just going through a bad patch, and will soon find his form from the back end of last season.

Jenga

Re: Colin Little
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 10:45:23 PM »

2 goals in the 15 games since november 1st.

should we start to worry, or is he just going through a bad patch, and will soon find his form from the back end of last season.

Worry.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 11:19:07 PM »

I have to admit I am not a great fan of CL... to me, when a move breaks down he just puts his arms out as if it is never his fault. plus I dont think he gambles enough in the box

markecky

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 11:22:33 PM »

I have to admit I am not a great fan of CL... to me, when a move breaks down he just puts his arms out as if it is never his fault. plus I dont think he gambles enough in the box

Without Colin Little you would be discussing how we got on at Solihull Moors today. 

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 11:27:59 PM »

The mere mention of the name "Solihull Moors" sends a shiver down my spine.

For the love of god please don't let us ever have to endure another season of football at that level!
Come on Alty!

Jenga

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 11:49:24 PM »

Without Colin Little you would be discussing how we got on at Solihull Moors today. 

To be far yes I agree, but at the moment he is not doing anything for me, although his legs turn me on.

We need a consistent goal scorer, which in the past has been CL but not at present.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 11:53:12 PM »

Just a point worth considering:

Is Colin (or anyone else) missing a lot of chances or are we simply not creating many chances to begin with?

I think it's a collective problem, not just Colin Little.
Come on Alty!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 11:56:43 PM »

Just a point worth considering:

Is Colin (or anyone else) missing a lot of chances or are we simply not creating many chances to begin with?

I think it's a collective problem, not just Colin Little.

As someone who was wrong to doub Colin before Xmas last season, it does concern me that he was the first of our players substituted.

Is this because he was one of the wide men of the front 3? Or was he simply not having a good game?

jimbo

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2009, 12:05:43 AM »

he also provides good chances .watch the game and he still has extra class.how many have the other forwards scored?probably less?are we playing to his stegnths.he is getting on.i wud still say given the chances infront of goal i wud want col on the end of em.FACT.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2009, 01:02:33 AM »

At the rate he's going at he'll end up with around 17/18 goals which is the rate he's always scored at, apart from the Conf North whch was obviously too low a level for him. Plus he's always scored in little bursts rather than consistently over a season. So no worry.

I am worried that we've failed to score in 10 out of 26 league games though.

Narcissist

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2009, 05:21:21 AM »

This is deja vu of last season. Col will be up there at the end of the season, hopefully with a few assists from Denham.

There's probably more important areas we need to look at right now. Central midfield. We need someone to put it in the right place for Little before we question his ability to put it away.

highwayman

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2009, 07:30:41 AM »

Col will get his usual quota of goals by the end of the season - FACT!!

He's just going through one of those barren spells that he, and other quality strikers, endure from time to time.

Just you watch - he just needs one goal and then he'll be banging them in for fun.

Having said that, he is no spring chicken and he does need the ball delivered to his feet so that he can weave his magic.

Find me and follow me....how's about singing his song before he scores against York to let him know we still believe?

RocketDan

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2009, 11:22:53 AM »

Plus he's always scored in little bursts rather than consistently over a season. So no worry.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-BhC3A-4cw

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2009, 08:46:40 AM »

Col is still the best player we have in and around the box.
On  Saturday at times it seemed like he was playing wide left with Senior wide right and Johnson up front on his own.
Johnson was getting his head to the long-balls but Col and Chris were too far from him to get onto them. HAve to say if that's how we are going to play then yo would probably want Senior's pace alongside Johnson to try to get onto the flicks.
The one chance I remember Col had was from Dale' strong run from wide left to the by line and pulled back to Col who, as ever, had found a yard of space. (The ref had his one good moment here when he let the play go on and booked the Oxford full-back for his attempted trip after the move was over).

He'd still be the first name on the sheet if I was picking the team.

fuertes

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2009, 09:02:31 AM »

He's not in top form, but I think he's still worth his place.

Johnson is the man for holding the ball up and winning flicks on.

Senior is the man with the trickery and pace to go past a man.

Little is the man who can find space in the box and finish coolly.

If the three of them keep playing together I think they should be capable of another 15 goals between them this season and we'll finish comfortably mid-table.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Colin Little