Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 so how many games is Danylnk banned for ?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: so how many games is Danylnk banned for ?  (Read 5562 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 17, 2009, 06:26:27 PM »

1 or 3?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: so how many games is Danylnk banned for ?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 06:39:35 PM »

I think it is one but Young and Doughty both got booked and they will also be banned for 1 game, Burton are next up as well

Daycare Dan

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 06:39:44 PM »

1 game for two yellows.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 06:42:20 PM »

I presume Tuesday night can't count as the game they are suspended for?
Come on Alty!

penfold

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 07:57:43 PM »

Correct me if I am wrong but surely when a player recieves a ban due to a series of yellow cards being picked up, don't they have to miss the next game the given club is to play in. So in our case it would be tuesday night. You see players get booked in the league a week before the FA Cup and they end up missing the cup game. Likewise with the fooball league cup players pick up yellow a yellow card which adds to their tally for the season and they are forced to miss the next game.

JT

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 08:42:30 PM »

Unfortunately, it doesn't count for CSC cut price alty!

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 08:46:36 PM »

It use to be the case that the player would be banned for the next game no matter what competition.
Jeff Johnson was sent off and due to miss our replay with Spurs. However we decided not to cancel a Cheshire Senior Cup tie with Macc and played it 2 days before the Spurs game so Jeff served his suspension and played against Spurs. Macc were livid as we fielded a reserve side and I think we still won 1-0.
I dont know where and when this rule changed. I am sure that players who are sent off in League games no longer can serve their suspension in county cup competitions.
Vidic was sent off in the FAFA World Club Final and his suspension cannot be served in the Premier Leauge but must do so in the European Champions League.
It is a usual case of lack of clarity or logic.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 09:29:15 PM »

Not really a lack of either Redhill.

The regulations relating to suspensions where Discipline is administered by the FA at Soho Square were amended to prevent clubs "managing" their players suspensions by using competitions like the CSC.

If you look on the area of the FA website relating to suspensions you will see that players are suspended until (x number) of first team games have been played or until (x number) of reserve team games have been played

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2009, 12:17:11 AM »

It use to be the case that the player would be banned for the next game no matter what competition.
Jeff Johnson was sent off and due to miss our replay with Spurs. However we decided not to cancel a Cheshire Senior Cup tie with Macc and played it 2 days before the Spurs game so Jeff served his suspension and played against Spurs. Macc were livid as we fielded a reserve side and I think we still won 1-0.

Redhill Alty,

You are out by a season.

Jeff Johnson was sent off late in the FA Cup 3rd Round 1-1 draw against Orient at Moss Lane on Saturday, 5th January 1980.

Alty then played a rather 'scratch' side at Macclesfield Town in a Cheshire Senior Cup tie on Monday, 7th January 1980 in order to allow Jeff Johnson to serve his suspension and, consequently, play in the replay against Orient on Wednesday, 9th January 1980.

Incidentally, that Cheshire Senior Cup tie ended in a 1-1 draw and we went on to defeat Macc 1-0 in the replay.

Yours pedantically.....
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2009, 03:59:42 PM »

Redhill Alty,

You are out by a season.

Jeff Johnson was sent off late in the FA Cup 3rd Round 1-1 draw against Orient at Moss Lane on Saturday, 5th January 1980.

Alty then played a rather 'scratch' side at Macclesfield Town in a Cheshire Senior Cup tie on Monday, 7th January 1980 in order to allow Jeff Johnson to serve his suspension and, consequently, play in the replay against Orient on Wednesday, 9th January 1980.

Incidentally, that Cheshire Senior Cup tie ended in a 1-1 draw and we went on to defeat Macc 1-0 in the replay.

Yours pedantically.....

A quite brilliant equaliser by Phil Wilson!

Altyant

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2009, 06:34:20 PM »

I think it is one but Young and Doughty both got booked and they will also be banned for 1 game, Burton are next up as well

I believe that as one of Gregs bookings were in the CSC he will be available for Saturday

bighairedmike

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2009, 07:26:12 PM »

Not really a lack of either Redhill.

The regulations relating to suspensions where Discipline is administered by the FA at Soho Square were amended to prevent clubs "managing" their players suspensions by using competitions like the CSC.

If you look on the area of the FA website relating to suspensions you will see that players are suspended until (x number) of first team games have been played or until (x number) of reserve team games have been played

I think he is right regarding lack of clarity. Remember the mix up last year with Chris Lane after 5 bookings. We got told he would miss the CSC match so he sat it out and then we were informed he wouldnt be able to play in the next league match and could have played in the CSC. This was then followed a game or 2 later with his sending off at millwall and he had to miss more games because of that. All in all, a wretched november for Mr Lane.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2009, 10:59:42 PM »

Will it be 2?

One for the sending off and one for reaching 5 bookings?

Daycare Dan

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2009, 08:42:45 AM »

Will it be 2?

You could be right there Dave.

Thanks for making my morning!  :'(

fuertes

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2009, 11:32:01 AM »

Will it be 2?

Correct. Straight red is three match ban, two yellows in one. Add on the accumulation of 5 yellows and he's out for two matches.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team