News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 How many

Author Topic: How many  (Read 2682 times)

Jenga

How many
« on: January 17, 2009, 06:16:21 PM »

at Moss Lane today?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: How many
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 06:21:39 PM »

Come on Alty!

JT

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 07:28:15 PM »

Me and a mate popped into moss lane for the last 15 mins or so and saw the two histon goals!

The Northwich lot were an angry bunch i can tell you that! I don't blame them at this time but they were acting like complete nob'eds...stewards had to go over...throwing the ball away from histon players...even some of their own fans had to hold other fans back at one point.  Fair play to them though, they were getting behind their team and appreciated how hard the vics players had worked at the end.  Tynan suffered what looked like a serious injury too.

Can i just say though, what a horrendous turn out from the Histon fans for a saturday game.  We went to stand on the chequers end, only to find there were about 6 Histon fans at one end of it with a few more Vics fans on the other half of it.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 11:33:58 PM »

Me and a mate popped into moss lane for the last 15 mins or so and saw the two histon goals!

The Northwich lot were an angry bunch i can tell you that! I don't blame them at this time but they were acting like complete nob'eds...stewards had to go over...throwing the ball away from histon players...even some of their own fans had to hold other fans back at one point.  Fair play to them though, they were getting behind their team and appreciated how hard the vics players had worked at the end.  Tynan suffered what looked like a serious injury too.

Can i just say though, what a horrendous turn out from the Histon fans for a saturday game.  We went to stand on the chequers end, only to find there were about 6 Histon fans at one end of it with a few more Vics fans on the other half of it.

And this for a team threatenong promotion. They will make Macc look well supported

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 12:59:54 AM »

So just under 400 Vics fans there then (minus Histon fans, lacksadaisical Alty fans and confused passers by).

highwayman

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 07:35:02 AM »

I too popped in to watch when the gates were opened at quarter time - I must have been stood near you in the Chequers end.

I agree with everything you said about the Vics fans - very passionate! Oh and the drum was there, too!

So, if they can keep going for just under three weeks it should be quite an atmosphere on derby night!

Jimbo Alty FC

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 10:58:37 PM »

lets just hope it is only 3 weeks for the fixture list sake feb 7th both teams at home surely the moss lane pitch can't take two games in two days if one was moved to sunday.

fuertes

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 09:31:06 AM »

To be fair I thought the attendance might be lower than that. A reasonable turn out considering they're total sh*te at the moment and they were having to watch the game at an away ground.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 12:42:17 PM »

lets just hope it is only 3 weeks for the fixture list sake feb 7th both teams at home surely the moss lane pitch can't take two games in two days if one was moved to sunday.

As a one-off, two games in as many days should not cause too many problems and the money would do very nicely.
Come on Alty!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 How many