PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Department of Elam
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Department of Elam  (Read 8509 times)

Jimbo Alty FC

Re: Department of Elam
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2009, 10:22:00 PM »

Good Luck Lee Enjoy Been without a club to play for in a month

Northwich Down and Elam is going to be Kaka and Robinho in a league far worst than the players standard as i say good luck lee but don't expect to be paid for a while.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2009, 10:27:30 PM »

He won't still be there next season Jimbo, doubt he'll be there in March to be honest. Strange move to me, wonder what he's been "offered".

I'd have thought Stalybridge or similar would have been his type of choice considering where he's from.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2009, 10:49:36 PM »

Just watch i bet he comes back to haunt us.
Harold

markecky

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2009, 10:56:59 PM »

Just watch i bet he comes back to haunt us.

Of course he will Harold, and he will be sh*t in the game after. Its what players in that mould do...

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2009, 11:04:59 PM »

LOL HE'S ONE FOR A SPORTS QUIZ,if he plays Saturday,name the player who made his home debut at Moss lane for 2 differnet teams,and then if he signed for United reserves it could be 3 at Moss Lane
Harold

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2009, 11:13:08 PM »

Good luck and all the best to him. Are we the only team he never scored  for?

Perhaps he might score an own goal to rectify this stat.
They really should be beating teams like us

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2009, 12:05:31 AM »

Is it really worth jumping on his back again just yet? Poser, parasite??

What if he went to GH and said he wants to play regularly, he's losing motivation. Vics can offer him a better chance of that. GH looks at the books and thinks, great idea, we dont need him Denhams back and he's costing us a fortune for 20 minutes a game. Everyones happy, apart from a few of our fans who believe anyone who doesnt want to play for alty must be some kind of prima donna.

If you've ever read any of my posts you will know that I am NOT someone who thinks that anyone who doesn't want to play for us is either a prima donna or certifiable. All I have done is express an opinion, not get on his back!  Some players just don't fit in or settle at a club..some through circumstances and some because they really don't want to / think that they're too good.

I aint speculating or suggesting which camp Lee Elam currently resides in suffice to say (as I suspect I alluded to in my initial post) if, as a recognised quality player (not in doubt given his pedigree) you can't do enough in training or games to persuade the manager to play you then you aren't gonna play as much as you might think you should and "frustration" is inevitable

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2009, 12:07:49 AM »

To be fair I was probably out of order for calling him a parasite, but if he wanted away then give him a painting of a spitfire and....let him go!

Come on Alty!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2009, 12:18:08 AM »

That being said, when he did play he was a huge disappointment to me and nothing like the player who regularly murdered us whilst playing for other teams.

ATS,

Have you stopped to ponder that the main reason that he "murdered us whilst playing for other teams" might just have been that he was playing against some of our previously porous and woeful defences?

I mean, on the left wing he was up against Aspinall for example and on the right wing he was up against....well, we didn't even have a recognised left full back for almost two seasons, did we?!   
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 12:31:11 AM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2009, 09:29:18 AM »

From what i know of Lee having met with him at Fitness First in Exeter he seemed a very nice bloke.
I think if he had started more we would have seen the best of him.just my opinion and not having  ago at GH before someone jumps in.
Harold

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2009, 10:18:22 AM »

Is it really worth jumping on his back again just yet? Poser, parasite??

What if he went to GH and said he wants to play regularly, he's losing motivation. Vics can offer him a better chance of that. GH looks at the books and thinks, great idea, we dont need him Denhams back and he's costing us a fortune for 20 minutes a game. Everyones happy, apart from a few of our fans who believe anyone who doesnt want to play for alty must be some kind of prima donna.

He actually went to GH and said he wanted to move closer to home. You can keep your blinkers on if you like OGC but he's gone behind the clubs back and negotiated a deal with another club. I'm not that arsed he's gone but for me we have to have standards at the club. Would've been nice of Vics to mention it during all our dialogue this week mind but there you go.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2009, 11:04:00 AM »

I know his partner is due to give birth in the near future and maybe that matter and the travelling from Bradford has also had some bearing on his decision.

I would have thought Northwich was a little further from Bradford than Alty?
Although perhaps he's being put up by Rushe in a hotel in Northwich like the players they've signed from down south?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2009, 11:11:28 AM »

The "moving nearer to home" thing was clearly bollocks and just shows him to be a very dishonourable individual, something he has basically proven repeatedly throughout his career.
Come on Alty!

seasonticket

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2009, 11:42:21 AM »

I was as pleased as anyone when it was annonced that Elam had signed for us. But after seeing his bit part performances I am not bothered to see him leave. I also think GH was right to use him as a sub.
Yes he could go down the wing leaving two or thre players floundering, he would hold the ball long enough to let our attackers catch up, then try some 'Fancy Dan' trick, lose possesion, and we would then be under pressure again.
He was a luxury we could not aford and was not suited to our style of play (attacking or defending).
Of course when he plays against us he will take us apart but hey we are used to that from cast off players.

fuertes

« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2009, 11:53:42 AM »

I thought he was okay for us. He generally looked pretty dangerous, admittedly he sometimes avoided the 50/50s but then wingers generally are sissy boys (with a few exceptions). I always felt he was working hard and I'll never understand why he suddenly seemed to be a bit-part player having performed reasonably well against the likes of Mansfield, Oxford and Ebbsflett.

Hey ho, with Denham back it'll be like-for-like (sort of). Lets hope Chris has worked on getting his head up and producing an end product to go with his undoubted pace and work rate.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Department of Elam