PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Department of Elam
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Department of Elam  (Read 8508 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Departure of Elam
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2009, 06:36:02 PM »

Agree with Ecky, wasn't really our type of player and I expect a fully fit Chris Denham to be much more effective.

Did well enough and seemed to work hard while he was here but prob just as well he's gone given he'd be on a good wage.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 06:45:17 PM by Ballers »

Lew Needham

Re: Department of Elam
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2009, 07:13:03 PM »

Good luck Lee, didn't put a foot wrong all the time you were at the club.

Our season got going when you finally broke ino team. Still unsure why you suddenly got replaced by other members of the squad who don't have anywhere near the skill level you have.

I just hope when Denham gets fit he doesn't just end up sat on the bench whilst other very, very average players get a game infront of him.

I thought with these signing we were making a statement and changing our style and mentality. Please don't let Denham leave aswell....

Little CamVic

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2009, 07:17:31 PM »

Whats the odds on him pitching up at 'skint' Northwich!

Quite high I'd say. Check out our forum:  http://www.nvfc.co.uk/board/index.php?topic=4526.msg48249;topicseen#new    :o

No, I can't explain it either.  ::)

Narcissist

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2009, 07:20:01 PM »

I thought we were setting up a new backroom team just to keep his hair styled etc at half-time when i read the title.

Are we slipping towards a more negative approach to the rest of the season? I think not Denham is a real threat and it sounds like he wants to play for us, hasnt he been helping out around the club with things? Im sure I read somethin along those lines on here.

In any case, I agree Dinhams return could be a driving force in keeping us up where we are now.

Good luck Lee, it was worth it just for the excitement factor when you signed alone!

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2009, 07:21:21 PM »

nice one will score 3 against us then
Bernard Taylors barmy army

markecky

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2009, 07:23:35 PM »

Wonder if he mentioned he wanted to sign for Vics when he negotiated his release?

gunners11

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2009, 07:27:29 PM »

good luck lee sorry to see you go

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2009, 07:38:57 PM »

Good luck and all the best to him. Are we the only team he never scored  for?

Sorry to see him go but we weren't really getting value for money as he was only playing 15/20 mins of games for the last couple of months.

Hope we can get a couple of players in for the rest of season, be it permenant or loans.
Full time and proud of it

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2009, 07:56:38 PM »

This is Northwich's way of still pissing us off when it gets impossible for them to do it on the field

Jenga

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2009, 08:16:33 PM »

This is in real bad taste if you ask me, but hey.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2009, 08:24:42 PM »

Was disappointed when I first heard the news of his departure this afternoon. However, I strongly suspect the move to Northwich was all but done before he left and we don't want parasites who behave like that at our club anyway. I suppose that's part of the chance you take when you sign a "name", but I'd rather he left now than sat in the stand waiting for his contract to expire.

At the end of the day, it's a big chunk taken off our wage bill without sacrificing any first team regulars so I think I'll sleep quite easily tonight.
Come on Alty!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2009, 08:50:40 PM »

Even before I discovered he'd gone to Vics i didn't think it was any loss at all tbh.

All I ever saw was a spoilt poser who put himself before his teammates, his team and his club.

Do you think that given the talent he once had (and showed only VERY rarely in an Alty shirt), if he'd applied himself like some of our other arguably less talented players, he'd not have played more often.

That being said, when he did play he was a huge disappointment to me and nothing like the player who regularly murdered us whilst playing for other teams.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2009, 09:09:10 PM »

I disagree Phil but i suppose football is all about opinions.

I  believe he was quite a strange character in the changing room ; but when i watched him on the pitch he did seem genuinley interested and ran down every ball- Lets hope he does not come back to haunt us.
ParkINson's red and white army

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2009, 09:45:24 PM »

Elam hasnt started enough games, he looked like a good player - very capable of creating something from nothing. This may help us to bring in a much needed central midfielder.

Shame he's gone to the green slime, but at least he knows where the mirrors are in the changing room.

Narcissist

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2009, 09:52:48 PM »

Is it really worth jumping on his back again just yet? Poser, parasite??

What if he went to GH and said he wants to play regularly, he's losing motivation. Vics can offer him a better chance of that. GH looks at the books and thinks, great idea, we dont need him Denhams back and he's costing us a fortune for 20 minutes a game. Everyones happy, apart from a few of our fans who believe anyone who doesnt want to play for alty must be some kind of prima donna.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Department of Elam