PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 SC**thorpe Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: SC**thorpe Match Thread  (Read 9750 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: SC**thorpe Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2023, 08:14:06 AM »

Too much tinkering these past few games, and we played ourselves into such poor form with such a negative approach in the second half at Yeovil - aided and abetted by the management team not being willing to ring the changes soon enough to make a difference.

I agree about the keeper - like a good manager, it instils confidence in all of the players in front of you - and it does appear the defence are struggling in that sense. As suggested previously, Kidderminster's former first choice goalkeeper (and in the same NLN XI as Baines last season) is warming the bench at TNS - I'd be putting an approach in for him now to be honest.

I can understand benching Linney as he's not available on Saturday - perhaps he was testing out the XI he was thinking of going with - a frightening thought.

Where was Maxi Oyedele? Maybe he's not going to be available for York either? Who knows.

I'm not willing to write Harry Perritt off after 2 games - Accy were sad to lose him in League One, and we've seen how long it's taken Ryan Colclough to find his feet at Chesterfield (3 goals in 3 games now).

Positives?
- at least you'd think Lewis Baines and Isaac Marriott are both going to start on Saturday;
- players might have had one eye on Saturday and avoiding injury, particularly in the second half;
- this level of football has been so bizarre this season, we might just pull something out of nowhere on Saturday;
- given our own season has been even more bizarre, I wouldn't bet against Joe Hugill rocking up as a ringer, bagging a hat trick and never being seen again...

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2023, 08:23:14 AM »

I wouldn't bet against Joe Hugill rocking up as a ringer, bagging a hat trick and never being seen again...

That would be fantastic (and extremely unlikely!)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

b23

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2023, 08:30:27 AM »

Why were the Alty players smiling chatting and laughing with the Scunny fans towards the end of the match??
I was fuming. So unprofessional.  They should be fighting to get something from the game and fir some pride. It was sickening.   

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2023, 08:45:36 AM »

We need Jordan to come on here and inject some positivity. I think he would find it difficult after that display.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2023, 09:16:05 AM »

It’s only a fortnight since Barnet where it was all hugs and handshakes with these lads, so as poor a result as it is I’m not going to slate them for it.

In the first half I thought we were much more like ourselves and I was convinced we’d go on and win it fairly comfortably, but for a howler that seemed to suck the enthusiasm and drive out of all the players, not just the keeper. I can accept a loss to anyone in this league but that attitude in the second half simply wasn’t good enough and is the part that I will have a pop at. Too many of them were sulking with their heads down looking defeated with 20 minutes to go.

Like I say, I’m not overly fussed about the result because in the grand scheme of 2022/23 it’s going to be neither here nor there. Our season is going to be decided on whether we can get bounce back properly on Saturday and I just hope that if we’re faced with a bit of adversity again, we don’t crumble like we have done the past two games - we showed against Woking and Barnet that we’re perfectly capable of doing so.

Big job for the management to get them right mentally now. We aren’t suddenly a bad team, get right behind them on Saturday.

Some sense here Andrew, adding to what you say, we need to be more clinical, that's both ends. We should have been 2 up first half, but no we make an error and punished. There second, maybe it crossed the line, but damage was done. We had one good opportunity spurned in the second half. Need to be taking those chances. Too many changes last night, not sure in my own mind that was our best team.

Let's get ready for Saturday now.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2023, 09:17:42 AM »

Why were the Alty players smiling chatting and laughing with the Scunny fans towards the end of the match??
I was fuming. So unprofessional.  They should be fighting to get something from the game and fir some pride. It was sickening.
Roy Keane would not approve
Come on you red and white........

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2023, 12:46:38 PM »

I wouldn't bet against Joe Hugill rocking up as a ringer, bagging a hat trick and never being seen again...

That would be fantastic (and extremely unlikely!)

Be so, very Alty. File it alongside Zak Goodson returning, scoring and being released in June.
It's all my fault.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2023, 12:53:45 PM »

Too much tinkering these past few games, and we played ourselves into such poor form with such a negative approach in the second half at Yeovil - aided and abetted by the management team not being willing to ring the changes soon enough to make a difference.

I agree about the keeper - like a good manager, it instils confidence in all of the players in front of you - and it does appear the defence are struggling in that sense. As suggested previously, Kidderminster's former first choice goalkeeper (and in the same NLN XI as Baines last season) is warming the bench at TNS - I'd be putting an approach in for him now to be honest.

I can understand benching Linney as he's not available on Saturday - perhaps he was testing out the XI he was thinking of going with - a frightening thought.

Where was Maxi Oyedele? Maybe he's not going to be available for York either? Who knows.

I'm not willing to write Harry Perritt off after 2 games - Accy were sad to lose him in League One, and we've seen how long it's taken Ryan Colclough to find his feet at Chesterfield (3 goals in 3 games now).

Positives?
- at least you'd think Lewis Baines and Isaac Marriott are both going to start on Saturday;
- players might have had one eye on Saturday and avoiding injury, particularly in the second half;
- this level of football has been so bizarre this season, we might just pull something out of nowhere on Saturday;

- given our own season has been even more bizarre, I wouldn't bet against Joe Hugill rocking up as a ringer, bagging a hat trick and never being seen again...
I said on the coach home last night; you could time travel back and tell me any score; and I'd probably say that sounds normal.

Anything from 5-0 either way, to Byrne scoring the winning penalty.
It's all my fault.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 SC**thorpe Match Thread