News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Steve Foster-Erm...what!?

Author Topic: Steve Foster-Erm...what!?  (Read 2470 times)

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: March 10, 2011, 09:22:02 PM »

Salford City announce that "Following renewed interest from Chorley, Salford City have relunctantly agreed to release top-scorer Steve Foster so that he can continue his season with the Victory Park side... 'Fozzie' first joined Salford during the dark days of February 2009 and since then has scored 57 goals in 70 appearances for the Ammies".

Thought he was loyal to Salford? Are Chorley better than us now?  >:(
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Steve Foster-Erm...what!?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 09:26:12 PM »

They probably pay better wages,theyve been throwing cash about

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 09:38:21 PM »

Chorley are 3rd in the Evostick div 1 north, with Salford 11th.

It does seem a bit strange moving at this stage to a team in the same league. I presume he's been offered a bit more cash for playing renewing his acquaintance with flitcroft (they were both at Blackburn together).

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 10:39:45 PM »

They're still in the same League as Salford so, if his reasoning for staying at that level was (understandably IMHO) related to work or family and a reluctance to do the travelling commensurate with BSBP football I can understand his wanting to play for a more successful Club who do quite likely pay more than Salford as well

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 11:00:07 PM »

They're still in the same League as Salford so, if his reasoning for staying at that level was (understandably IMHO) related to work or family and a reluctance to do the travelling commensurate with BSBP football I can understand his wanting to play for a more successful Club who do quite likely pay more than Salford as well

Yes, Chorley's closer to his house in Salford than er Salford is.

He'll be back home from midweek games by 10pm?

York Alty

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 11:18:32 PM »

Personally I beleive he's missed a chance to play at a higher level, but it's his choice. He is an adult capable of living with the positive and negative consequences of his decisions, no matter what we think of them. Good luck to him...

Jacko

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 12:49:11 AM »

really boring, he has been put in the bottler bracket previosly with liam brownhill just becuase he didnt choose us  ::)

Jezza

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 08:27:20 AM »

He's obviously a guy who knows his own mind so good luck to him;

taken from feb2011 official site;

FOSTER STAYING AT SALFORD
Salford City have announced that "Despite recent suggestions to the contrary in the local press, Salford City are delighted to confirm that top-scorer Steve Foster is more than happy to commit himself to the club for the rest of this season - and beyond.
Following a chat with Ammies' chairman Darren Quick Steve reiterated his committment to the club's cause, and is relishing the challenge to help propel Salford City into the Evo-Stik League First Division North play-off places.

Steve has already resisted the temptation to join big-spending Chorley and has also rejected at least one other offer to leave Moor Lane.

'I'm more than happy to stay with Salford City - for this season and beyond that. The club's ambitions match my own and we have a real chance of making the play-offs this season. There's a great rapport with the club's supporters and we want to see just how far we can go'...

Many fans were concerned when Steve made an appearance for Conference side Altrincham last week, but can rest assured that 'Foz' will only be seen in the tangerine (or green) of Salford City from now on".

taxi Phil

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 09:07:32 PM »

He's obviously a guy who knows his own mind so good luck to him;

taken from feb2011 official site;

FOSTER STAYING AT SALFORD
Salford City have announced that "Despite recent suggestions to the contrary in the local press, Salford City are delighted to confirm that top-scorer Steve Foster is more than happy to commit himself to the club for the rest of this season - and beyond.
Following a chat with Ammies' chairman Darren Quick Steve reiterated his committment to the club's cause, and is relishing the challenge to help propel Salford City into the Evo-Stik League First Division North play-off places.

Steve has already resisted the temptation to join big-spending Chorley and has also rejected at least one other offer to leave Moor Lane.

'I'm more than happy to stay with Salford City - for this season and beyond that. The club's ambitions match my own and we have a real chance of making the play-offs this season. There's a great rapport with the club's supporters and we want to see just how far we can go'...

Many fans were concerned when Steve made an appearance for Conference side Altrincham last week, but can rest assured that 'Foz' will only be seen in the tangerine (or green) of Salford City from now on".

I've known women less fickle than that !
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team