PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gateshead Verdicts
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Gateshead Verdicts  (Read 4795 times)

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Gateshead Verdicts
« on: March 05, 2011, 05:34:13 PM »

SO what do we all think? I think we did okay generally and in the first half Clee and Baynes were very good. Although I didn't think he was quite as good in the second half Baynes's set pieces were threatening.

Still, I really don't think we're good enough up front. IMO Beesley and Twiss are largely anonymous and Reeves is a bit of a tap in merchant.
Didn't thnik we were great in the centre of midfield either...would love to see Danylyk get more of a go.

Also...why have only 4 subs? Might as well have put Coly or a youth player there instead of nobody.

Overall, well done boys.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 05:36:04 PM by NickyClee'sClickyKnee »
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Gateshead Verdicts
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 06:01:14 PM »

Ken had clearly decided with injuries and suspensions plus Heed been scoring for fun to play 5 at the back and keep it tight. It didnt make for great viewing but we defended VERY well pretty much throughout, created the best of the very few chances until their unbelievably jammy deflected goal. But fair play they kept fighting and in the end with a touch more luck could have sneaked it. Joseph was outstanding again today, and Clee too. Didnt see any injuries, nobody booked and all the results pretty much went our way. Hewson did OK considering he had been out a while and had hardly trained. Reeves looked at bit out of touch but battled along.

If we could win tuesday, might look back in this as a good point won against a pretty decent  ;)side.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 06:10:44 PM »

While i would have loved a win,we have to remember what these did to Wrexham the other week,put in that context it was a good result and the lads seem to have jelled together as a team and will not give up the game without a fight.Good on you and well done.
Harold

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 06:29:08 PM »

Ken had clearly decided with injuries and suspensions plus Heed been scoring for fun to play 5 at the back and keep it tight. It didnt make for great viewing but we defended VERY well pretty much throughout, created the best of the very few chances until their unbelievably jammy deflected goal. But fair play they kept fighting and in the end with a touch more luck could have sneaked it. Joseph was outstanding again today, and Clee too. Didnt see any injuries, nobody booked and all the results pretty much went our way. Hewson did OK considering he had been out a while and had hardly trained. Reeves looked at bit out of touch but battled along.

If we could win tuesday, might look back in this as a good point won against a pretty decent  ;)side.
can't agree that Hewson did ok, looked poor throughout
Bernard Taylors barmy army

RocketDan

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 06:36:02 PM »

Also...why have only 4 subs? Might as well have put Coly or a youth player there instead of nobody.

Being unable to fill a bench is quite embarrassing. I'm sure there are a few youth players who would love a chance to be in the matchday squad.

Get Sonko and Coly in there as well.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 07:51:49 PM »

You can only put players on the team sheet who are registered with the Conference. I don't think that with the greatest respect the Youth Team Players available (George I believe also has injiry problems) would be of a suitable standard even to sit on the bench.

We have hideous injury and suspension problems.

As for today, I think we did generally okay. It appears that confidence is not high. The number of times we passed rather than shot particularly in the first half is an indication.

The Gateshead goal was very lucky for them and we did seem a bit deflated for a short while afterward.

However we kept going and got a deserved point.

A Question put to me was "If we had the previous manager would we have got a point today or would we have shipped 4 or 5 goals?"

Anyone have a view?

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 08:09:28 PM »

You can only put players on the team sheet who are registered with the Conference. I don't think that with the greatest respect the Youth Team Players available (George I believe also has injiry problems) would be of a suitable standard even to sit on the bench.

Yeah but I'd rather have Coly or Smart than no one.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Nonleaguer

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 08:10:46 PM »

Why keep bringing up the GH debate? He has left, we are in a relegation spot now as we were when he was in charge. Two places need to be gained in the next few weeks or we are down simple as that. Today seemed to lack anything of note. Players arguing amongst themselves, no penetration up front but Piergianni continues to impress. Baynes happy going forward, not so happy tracking back and Hewson obviously needs to realise he is no longer with the world's biggest club and concentrate on getting fitter and grafting or he will find himself as so many other players let go by clubs who never realised their true potential.

timbo13

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 09:19:28 AM »

Yeah but I'd rather have Coly or Smart than no one.

Smart didn't play for youth team last week due to injury.

DAB @ ALTY

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 10:07:01 AM »

I thought that they were there for the taking yesterday, if we had got
at them a bit more.It is no good keep saying that we did quite well,the
fact is that we didn't do well enough again at home because we dropped
two more valuable home points against opposition that we could easily
have beaten.These are the type of games we will look back on at the
end of the season that will have us saying,if only.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2011, 10:08:39 AM »

I thought we were lucky to get the point really not a great game but another point in the bank
ParkINson's red and white army

bumble

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2011, 10:32:53 AM »

Funny game - thought a draw was fair

They didn't do enough to win it

roytonmike

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2011, 03:12:06 PM »

Re Coly & Sonko - I presume they will be playing for Radcliffe & will only have been signed for us as cover 'when available' i.e. when their parent club doesn't have a game. Haven't seen Coly - Sonko hasn't featured yet - so can't comment on standard.

RocketDan

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2011, 03:18:19 PM »

Does it cost anything to register players?

If not, the club should capitalise on this and have a "match day sub competition", giving fans a chance to be named on the subs bench.

Have it like a raffle - £5 a ticket, We'd easily get 100 people, and the lucky winner gets their name on the team sheet.

Obviously none of this matters if you have to pay a registration fee to the conference.

chris888

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2011, 04:06:01 PM »

Does it cost anything to register players?

If not, the club should capitalise on this and have a "match day sub competition", giving fans a chance to be named on the subs bench.

Have it like a raffle - £5 a ticket, We'd easily get 100 people, and the lucky winner gets their name on the team sheet.

Obviously none of this matters if you have to pay a registration fee to the conference.

if the likes of beesely, brown and holsgrove have, count me in :D
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gateshead Verdicts