PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Another New Signing
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Another New Signing  (Read 44954 times)

altyazz

Re: Another New Signing
« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2014, 08:27:22 PM »

Could it be Duncan back

No mate, I think the clue is in the bloke who is tweeting that he might be coming back!
Send me the link please

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 01, 2014, 08:43:19 PM »

i have dined out for years on my story .

i told danny higginbottom "to go home your not playing for the bowdon hotel your not good enough", home was about three houses away . on urban road.
you may say that was bad judgment but he was about 7 years old

his brother higgy was our centre forward and he was only 12/13 and went on to play for alty and loads of sh*t welsh clubs. i am sure loads of the teaser age group know them both well.

happy happy days

never forgave Paul for scoring against us in the Cheshire senior cup final
ParkINson's red and white army

York Alty

« Reply #107 on: January 01, 2014, 09:30:18 PM »

Looking at Danny Higginbothams twitter messages (I didn't know you could do 'view only') it's clear to me he's gonna be at Alty.  References to not being able to play national and do his media work, wants to play the rest of the season etc.  If I were a bookie I'd take no more bets on it being Danny.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 01, 2014, 09:37:54 PM »

Looking at Danny Higginbothams twitter messages (I didn't know you could do 'view only') it's clear to me he's gonna be at Alty.  References to not being able to play national and do his media work, wants to play the rest of the season etc.  If I were a bookie I'd take no more bets on it being Danny.

it looks that way but needs confirming

Bath Alty

« Reply #109 on: January 01, 2014, 10:10:56 PM »

I know we'd all love to see Danny in our Red and White but where does that leave Buzz and Adam Griffin?  We have no right wingers and 3 decent left backs!  Shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth and all that but if he can't play national level then we presumably need to hold on to Adam for next year and it would be a shame to see Buzz go?

Jimmy

« Reply #110 on: January 01, 2014, 10:16:26 PM »

A player of Danny's ability can play as a defensive centre mid were we are very weak indeed

markecky

« Reply #111 on: January 01, 2014, 10:24:02 PM »

When the chance of a player of Dannys standard comes up and wants to play for you then you snap his hand off and worry about the other stuff next year.

He can play wherever he needs to play in the Conference North.

What he will bring in terms of motivation and professionalism to the people around him will also be a huge boost.

brian1925

« Reply #112 on: January 01, 2014, 10:32:05 PM »

I can see a very flexible arrangement being reached between Alty and Danny with Danny unlikely to be available every week and Alty unlikely to be able to pay him a great deal (if anything). Sitting just in front of the two beasts we presently have at centre back would seem the most logical position for him given our sudden abundance of defenders!!! Hope Buzz doesn't leave, as he is Alty through and through.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 01, 2014, 10:32:17 PM »

mainly a centre half nowdays

Bath Alty

« Reply #114 on: January 01, 2014, 10:33:57 PM »

Wasn't doubting the snap his hand off response just wondering what people thought the consequences might be.  Means we don't have to rush Williams back from his injury for the playoffs / title push.

Jimmy

« Reply #115 on: January 01, 2014, 10:35:19 PM »

When the chance of a player of Dannys standard comes up and wants to play for you then you snap his hand off and worry about the other stuff next year.

What he will bring in terms of motivation and professionalism to the people around him will also be a huge boost.
totally agree ecky my point was he is versatile so have him were we are weakest

markecky

« Reply #116 on: January 01, 2014, 10:40:55 PM »

totally agree ecky my point was he is versatile so have him were we are weakest

agreed Jim, my point was to Bath Alty to say let's not worry about the detail of it, he can fit in many places. 

I would also have him running the show from in front of the back four.

Pat

« Reply #117 on: January 01, 2014, 11:00:30 PM »

I can see a very flexible arrangement being reached between Alty and Danny with Danny unlikely to be available every week and Alty unlikely to be able to pay him a great deal (if anything). Sitting just in front of the two beasts we presently have at centre back would seem the most logical position for him given our sudden abundance of defenders!!! Hope Buzz doesn't leave, as he is Alty through and through.
I don't agree with that, he will have to be committed and available to play every week

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 01, 2014, 11:11:09 PM »

Re committed and Available to play  every week - Rod Thornley

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 02, 2014, 03:54:27 AM »

Any sense and if he still has the legs which I am sure he has at this rubbish level then in front of the back 4 like Boshell,alongside moult which will allow moult to go furtherf forward which is his best position and richman out wide! Moult is capable of scoring a few! Really would like to see reeves and walshaw back together!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Another New Signing