PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's Team
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Today's Team  (Read 6883 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Today's Team
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2013, 11:15:52 AM »

They did, the two ferriby goals were initially reported as BPA goals though.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2013, 12:24:33 PM »

I honestly believe we should walk this league,  we need the belief!  It's hard to explain about Sinnott,  I do want him to succeed,  I really do but I've been pretty much obsessed with football all my life and it baffles me how many tactical errors he makes, most games in fact. We would be bossing this league if he got things right tactically in games. Like someone put on here, there are a few games when the players come out not really looking up for it, you even see this on the picture of the teams coming out at Barrow, think it's marshall and Perry joking about. You may laugh but games can be won with correct mental focus!  You need to be in the game and zone even before a ball is kicked! I just don't think he gets them up for it and focused at times! 

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2013, 12:37:17 PM »

I honestly believe we should walk this league,  we need the belief!  It's hard to explain about Sinnott,  I do want him to succeed,  I really do but I've been pretty much obsessed with football all my life and it baffles me how many tactical errors he makes, most games in fact. We would be bossing this league if he got things right tactically in games. Like someone put on here, there are a few games when the players come out not really looking up for it, you even see this on the picture of the teams coming out at Barrow, think it's marshall and Perry joking about. You may laugh but games can be won with correct mental focus!  You need to be in the game and zone even before a ball is kicked! I just don't think he gets them up for it and focused at times! 

Did you go yesterday?!

markecky

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2013, 12:45:35 PM »

They did, the two ferriby goals were initially reported as BPA goals though.

BOOSTER!

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2013, 12:50:41 PM »

I've been saying it for two years now, one this league is poor and we need to get out of it and secondly that sinnott doesn't consistently get the players up for it aswell as poor tactically decisions.  Please no one defend him with the Stalybridge game because they were the worst defence and keeper I've seen this year and that's saying something,  well on parr with Droylsden! If he fails to get us promoted he must then go, simple as that in my eyes!  We now nearly have the team so let's get performing game after game!

The one thing I don't get with you Ollie is you've seemed to be anti Sinnott since the start of last season. Yet if I was a neutral,last season was a joy to watch,and we've not been bad this season, some excitement you said we lacked.Don't get me wrong, I completely agree no promotion this season and he has to go. I just have a feeling some people on this forum and at games want him to fail to validate their thoughts. I know this is a poor league in terms of quality,which is why many get frustrated. But we aren't Hyde or Chester,so it will be tough to win,but were right in there.

As for today, as I put on here after guiseley, a minimum of 7 from 9,and this was the game I thought we'd draw.

does he have to go if we lose on penalties in the play off final ?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2013, 12:53:16 PM »

I've been saying it for two years now, one this league is poor and we need to get out of it and secondly that sinnott doesn't consistently get the players up for it aswell as poor tactically decisions.  Please no one defend him with the Stalybridge game because they were the worst defence and keeper I've seen this year and that's saying something,  well on parr with Droylsden! If he fails to get us promoted he must then go, simple as that in my eyes!  We now nearly have the team so let's get performing game after game!

The one thing I don't get with you Ollie is you've seemed to be anti Sinnott since the start of last season. Yet if I was a neutral,last season was a joy to watch,and we've not been bad this season, some excitement you said we lacked.Don't get me wrong, I completely agree no promotion this season and he has to go. I just have a feeling some people on this forum and at games want him to fail to validate their thoughts. I know this is a poor league in terms of quality,which is why many get frustrated. But we aren't Hyde or Chester,so it will be tough to win,but were right in there.

As for today, as I put on here after guiseley, a minimum of 7 from 9,and this was the game I thought we'd draw.

Yes because failure to beat sh*t like Gloucester , Oxford and barrow are why we aren't sat top of the table at new year

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2013, 01:36:59 PM »

Yes, because the numpty will probably have substituted our best penalty-taker and put fat-boy Perry on instead.

GEOFF HOOLEY

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2013, 04:43:27 PM »

your spot on , with that post .

GEOFF HOOLEY

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2013, 04:50:29 PM »

Awful first half.

Had enough chances to win. The disallowed goal for offside was very dubious. When Walshaw hit the post he should  have squared to Reeves who was unmarked four yards out.

2pts lost as last week.
yes , again wallys fault.

taxi Phil

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2013, 08:28:18 PM »

Perhaps we need a pre-kickoff team huddle  ::)

bumble

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2013, 08:45:35 PM »

Awful first half.

Had enough chances to win. The disallowed goal for offside was very dubious. When Walshaw hit the post he should  have squared to Reeves who was unmarked four yards out.

2pts lost as last week.
yes , again wallys fault.

If he fails to score

York Alty

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2013, 11:56:15 PM »

Unusually for em I've managed to see a few games recently - Guiseley, S'bridge and Barrow.

I'll single out one player - Kyle Perry.  A big lad for sure but heavy clumsy touches aren't going to feed into Walshaw or Reeves.  He doesn't make best use of his physical presence, and if that's what his game his built around then get the beard back - it makes him appear more intimidating.If anybody tries to tell me his games is based upon on anything but his size I'll wet myself laughing.

Reeves and Walshaw played the last part of the game together at Guiseley and we looked more pacey, more zippy and had more ideas.  At Barrow at h't Kyle went off after not doing enough in the first half.  The wind was making the game difficult so why we persisted in putting the ball in the air confused me.  Anyway big lad Kyle should have been winning those balls.  Again we looked better with Reeves and Walshaw up front.

Stalybridge were so poor that it's hard to draw conclusions - though I'm sure it was Kyle again who missed two lovely chances second half.

It's not all his fault though - defence looks shaky, our midfield made a weak barrow team look good.  Adam Griffin may well be the bloke to sort that out - fingers crossed.

Four points dropped recently - hoping to get the Stalybridge on 1/1/14 and I do not want to see Kyle Perry starting.  Maybe his role is to come on when we need some presence and brute force? 

Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's Team