PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Cavell Coo
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Cavell Coo  (Read 6637 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Cavell Coo
« on: August 29, 2007, 08:27:47 PM »

So, has he left the building or is he just on one of these player lending things like the lads at Leek? If hes gone  does that mean someone else is coming in before midnight tomorrow?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Cavell Coo
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 08:30:25 PM »

Looks like he's sCOOted to Witton and we'll have a bit in the kitty towards a left back or target man (hopefully)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

RocketDan

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 09:12:45 PM »

I have to say I am upset, not only did he look like and alright player in pre-season friendlies, but I had a perfect chant for cavel coo based on the black lace classic Aga-doo

altyf

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 09:29:52 PM »

And on the subject of songs, I really think its time to come up with a song for Chrisey Lane! 8)

Altysmiffy

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 09:31:48 PM »

How about replacing the words (of the Beatles song) Penny Lane with Chrissy Lane

Altyant

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 09:48:13 PM »

So, has he left the building or is he just on one of these player lending things like the lads at Leek? If hes gone  does that mean someone else is coming in before midnight tomorrow?

I was wondering that!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 10:35:11 PM »

Personally, I hope that we have released him.

Not up to the required standard and perhaps we now have a little leeway to bring in someone else. 
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

thegazelle

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 10:38:48 PM »

couple of off the wall ones for you

pink floyds
arnold lane

david bowie
aladdin sane

roxy music
virginia plain complicated start but finishes with whats his name.......chrissy lane

best i can do to the tune of america

were playing in the conference with a star called chris lane
its good to be at the game
coz in the confernence they'll remember his name
be cause it doesnt play vics and his feeling no pain
wo wo wo wo wow wo

its good to be back in the game again

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 10:44:40 PM »

roxy music
virginia plain complicated start but finishes with whats his name.......chrissy lane

I'm in favour of this suggestion if it means that the gazelle wears a costume and eyeliner like Bryan Ferry or Brian Eno in the early 1970s....

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Alty365

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 10:46:46 PM »

Personally, I hope that we have released him.

Not up to the required standard and perhaps we now have a little leeway to bring in someone else. 

I thought he was unfairly ridiculed on this forum by some people from day one. Hasn't had nearly enough opportunities for a fair judgement to be made.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - if you want an example of the importance of a decent run in the side, look no further than Karl Munroe. Looked woeful for a long time after joining the club but went on to show his true worth after playing more regularly.

baldrick

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2007, 11:40:13 PM »

Apparently he phoned the Witton manager and asked for a move. If that is true i am glad to get rid of him. Surely there must be a rule against that sort of thing. Imagine the fuss if John Terry phoned Fergie and asked for a transfer.

Alty365

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2007, 11:52:53 PM »

Apparently he phoned the Witton manager and asked for a move. If that is true i am glad to get rid of him. Surely there must be a rule against that sort of thing. Imagine the fuss if John Terry phoned Fergie and asked for a transfer.

Not really the same thing due to not being on a contract, but I'll say this much: I'd rather him leave now than sit in the stand all season on a contract pissing our money up the wall like certain players did in the past.

He's gone, so we have a space for someone else to come in and maybe improve the squad. I think our next signings will be loan players so let's hope for some quality coming in!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2007, 12:41:04 AM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again - if you want an example of the importance of a decent run in the side, look no further than Karl Munroe. Looked woeful for a long time after joining the club but went on to show his true worth after playing more regularly.

And he's now been dropped!

(Sorry - couldn't resist that one).

I do think that you make a fair point.....but Coo probably suffered from being initially assigned to the 'problem' left back position.

However, I think that the fact he has dropped down two leagues does speak volumes.

Alty365

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2007, 08:54:50 AM »

Fair comment. I think the fact we are in such great need of a left back means that any potential occupant of that berth comes under twice as much scrutiny as they normally would. I think a loan signing will be made at some stage, hopefully sooner rather than later. The great thing is that if we do bring in a left back it will be effectively like signing two players because it will free up Warren to play on the left side of midfield where he belongs.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 09:08:31 AM by Alty365 »

Wittoner

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2007, 09:20:37 AM »

Guys, hope you don`t mind me joining in the discussion. I might be able to shed a little more light on Cav Coo. Heard after the game Monday which he played, why he left. GH kept on playing him out of position. Coo wants to try and get back into league football and playing centre forward, left wing and warming the bench would limited his chances. Four of his mates play for us so the decision was made. Also heard he contacted our gaffer sat night after telling Alty the reasons why he was leaving. Anyway always looking for your results and hope everything works out for you this season. Looking forward to your visit in the CC and please get max points against vics.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Cavell Coo