News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FINAL SCORE Altrincham 2 - 1 Stockport county

Author Topic: FINAL SCORE Altrincham 2 - 1 Stockport county  (Read 2486 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: August 21, 2007, 09:13:47 PM »

Great Evenings entertainment for £2 (or free if you make use of your season ticket)

A gate of well in excess of 200 including a healthy turnout from stockport saw a really entertaining 90 minutes, from a game that was originally scheduled to be a reserve team fixture!

A starting X1 of:

Acton
Coo
Aspinall
Rose
Scott
Peyton
Whalley
Dempsey
Potts
Little
Lawton

And bought on during the game were O'Neil,Senior,Tinson and various others

Stockport fielded a side that contained a lot of first team players aswell, the snack bar did a roaring trade and Im presuming it would have been record gate recepits for a reserve game.

Cant wait for the next one to be arranged, these fixtures against the local league sides are far more entertaining and a far sterner test than those lancs league games of previous seasons, well done to Graham and all at the club involved for setting these games up, hopefullly the next one will be arranged with a little more notice, and more alty fans can come along, its a great little earner for the club if we can get a couple of hundered people turning up for all these games against the stockports and the burys etc, once again well done to the club.

Stockport county match report is here

http://www.stockportcounty.premiumtv.co.uk/page/LatestNews/0,,10419~1097060,00.html

Alty365

Re: FINAL SCORE Altrincham 2 - 1 Stockport county
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 09:48:34 PM »

Over 200 for a midweek reserve game and just a few seasons back we were struggling to get 400 for first team games in midweek. What progress we've made!

Alex

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 11:38:38 PM »

was a good game to watch, i must admit i didn't go to many reserve games last year but if the matches are gonna be like this i may attend more of them. carn't wait for the next one.

le bignose

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 09:03:42 AM »

After attending the Bradford city reserve game it was a great shame i missed last nights action, and again sounded like an entertaining game of football. I sent a message out last time after watching Aaron Burns, then Alty number 8, play up front but no mention of him this week?? Any news? Very impressed first time around. Apparently a Man U trainee, now released and from what i saw wouldnt look out of place in the alty forward line .........

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 10:23:00 AM »

he was just wth us to get fit. he's looking for a game with a full time team at the moment. although that may change if he gets nowhere in the next few weeks

le bignose

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 11:02:17 AM »

same old story with players wanting a full time team! it really does hinder our chances of signing the quality players.  Maybe we need to approach market Dave about investing his millions and we can become full time and sign everyone!! Market Dave for chairman i say! He'd fit right in with some of the regulars too ...............

Ideas 4 Alty

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 11:09:46 AM »

same old story with players wanting a full time team! it really does hinder our chances of signing the quality players. 

I see your point, but to look at it another way, by staying part time we are enabling ourselves to try and sign the best players who do not want full time football. Granted, we still struggle to compete with the wages being offered by other part time clubs but the likes of Sedgemore and Whalley were looking to go part time and look at how well they are doing for us. Had we been full time we probably wouldn't have signed them.

DarrenH

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 11:52:27 AM »

Its the same old argument.
As Idea's has correctly said there are players out there who have full time jobs and other commitments and dont want to play football full time.
I am sure that GH finds the best players available based upon these facts.
It is well known throughout the conference that Alty work in this way and hopefully this means players actually approach us with this in mind.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 12:19:00 PM »

same old story with players wanting a full time team! it really does hinder our chances of signing the quality players. 

the likes of Sedgemore and Whalley were looking to go part time and look at how well they are doing for us.

Rather knackers up your argument I4A (set pieces apart)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team