News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Contracts?

Author Topic: Contracts?  (Read 1309 times)

The Fan

Contracts?
« on: June 06, 2008, 08:38:14 AM »

Whenever there is talk of us making a "good" signing, there is always a touch o annoyance in my mind at the thought of them coming in, doing a top job and then disappearing out the back door to another club for nothing.

However, Graham seems to indicate in his quote in SAM that contracts are now being offered.

Can someone "in the know" clarify what we are doing on this? Are we now offering certain players contracts (those who may have a value) in order to claim a tranfer fee should they move on? Also interested to read that the lad from Witton will come at a fee (according to Mark Harris)? Are we spending now too? 

joe

Re: Contracts?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 08:43:47 AM »

I presume the lad from Witton won't be coming at all if a fee is involved. As for contracts its a tricky one. You don't want to lose a decent player for nothing but on the flip side you don't want a Bowler/Thompson/Sedgmore sat in the stand doing piss all but collecting a weekly wage because they're on a contract.

Narcissist

Re: Contracts?
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 09:18:15 AM »

As GH states, I dont think we're giving out contracts for our benefit but more because if we don't we simply cant attract good enough players.

Whilst some players want to come to alty to play at the highest level and challenge themselves in front of fans who care, they may also have kids and a mortgage. This makes Bradford Park Avenue a more attractive prospect as far as security is concerned in some cases. You cant always just call the players ambition to question.

From our point of view its an absolute gamble, Craney or Bowler? I think there isn't as many Bowler/Thompson players around as we think. We got stung there, and even knew the gamble we were taking at the time.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Contracts?