News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 WOW!!!! 10'000 stadium for leigh rmi

Author Topic: WOW!!!! 10'000 stadium for leigh rmi  (Read 3927 times)

Jacko

« on: June 04, 2008, 01:43:09 AM »

Just looking at leighs new ground.....can we get one of these sports villages please!!!!!
http://www.leighsportsvillage.co.uk/index1.htm
http://www.leighsportsvillage.co.uk/panos/lge.html
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 01:49:04 AM by Jacko »

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: WOW!!!! 10'000 stadium for leigh rmi
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 09:18:20 AM »

Very impressive. It will have a cracking atmosphere with 201 fans inside.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 09:25:09 AM »

Runcorn at the Halton stadium  ???

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 09:25:39 AM »

nice to see a lovely ground. wonder what it will be like with 200 supporters there. Bit like Gateshead really, nice ground  and no supporters.

Alex

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 10:06:52 AM »

to be fair like runcorn this stadium has not been built for the football club (it's for Leigh Centurians and the whole superleague licencing thing) but i do think Leigh RMI should have there own ground more suited to there fan base.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 12:53:36 PM »

Just looking at leighs new ground.....can we get one of these sports villages please!!!!!
Or move back to Horwich, Horwich rmi anyone remember them beating us?
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 01:21:47 PM »

Or move back to Horwich, Horwich rmi anyone remember them beating us?

I remember beating them 5-0 in the FA Trophy circa 1990,they had a coach load of drunken animals that turned up late, and wes got T**tted uner the golf road end by a very pissed BOLTON Horwich RMI fan.I think the conversation went somthing like tis, Im sure wes can fill in teh gaps.

DRUNK "Do you know the difference between horwich and altrincham?"

WES "no"

WHACK!!!!

DRUNK " Horwich is full of men, and altrincham is full of little boys"

Conversation ends.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 01:28:46 PM »

I remember that Horwich RMI game as well.  The Golf Road stunk of booze and these blokes were not young.

Other notable episodes in the Golf Road was the Halifax boys a few years back dressed up as shepards.  Everything seemed to be going swimmingly, then next moment mayhem..

markecky

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 01:56:32 PM »

I remember that Horwich RMI game as well.  The Golf Road stunk of booze and these blokes were not young.

Other notable episodes in the Golf Road was the Halifax boys a few years back dressed up as shepards.  Everything seemed to be going swimmingly, then next moment mayhem..

I love it when people bring this up as I can say again that its an outrage that the prison system means that prisoners, dressed in black and white with a ball and chain are let out to punch young Alty fans.  What a day!  I've always been wary of  Sheikhs ever since.

Jacko

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 03:50:15 PM »

[/quote]
I love it when people bring this up as I can say again that its an outrage that the prison system means that prisoners, dressed in black and white with a ball and chain are let out to punch young Alty fans.  What a day!  I've always been wary of  Sheikhs ever since.

i remember it like yesterday the ball and chain guy and his mates got out of their car opposite stamford park and chatted(very freindly) to us young lads at the time, pointed them towards the away end and 30 minutes later they were kicking off in ours!!! there must have been some drug taking going on that day

[/quote]

Butty

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2008, 06:14:22 PM »

to be fair like runcorn this stadium has not been built for the football club (it's for Leigh Centurians and the whole superleague licencing thing) but i do think Leigh RMI should have there own ground more suited to there fan base.

Couldent you also say that about Gateshead? I think I remember running there for my club, I think it was originally built as an athletics stadium.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2008, 07:39:00 PM »

I also love the fact that one of the people who got T**tted got his own back on them in a way they could never imagine at the time. They didn't many decisions off him, put  it that way!  ;D

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2008, 08:35:15 PM »

I think that Alty only played Horwich RMI on three occasions:

(1) 20th October 1973
Altrincham 4  Horwich RMI 0
FA Cup Third Qualifying Round

Goalscorers: Lennie Dickinson; John Owens; the mighty Joe Pritchard and someone by the name of Graham Heathcote.

I remember watching this match from the Popular Side - one of my earliest experiences of Alty in the FA Cup.

(2) 1st December 1987
Altrincham 1  Horwich RMI 2
GMAC Cup Third Round

Goalscorer: John Timmons.

I believe that the Horwich team included former Alty striker, Micky Moore, and a promising youngster by the name of Phil Power (and they went on to win this trophy, defeating Weymouth in the final).

Horwich's manager was Les Rigby, who had a rather dismal spell as Alty's manager during the 1975/76 season.

Alty's manager, inbetween his after dinner speaking engagements and Piccadilly Radio duties, was a certain Tommy Docherty.

(3) 16th March 1991
Altrincham 5 Horwich RMI 0
FA Trophy 4th Round

Goalscorers: Nigel Shaw; Nicky Daws; John Brady; Mark Hughes; Paul Showler.

Marvellous days! 

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team