News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Now that we're in June ...

Author Topic: Now that we're in June ...  (Read 3197 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: June 02, 2008, 12:25:46 PM »

... and contracts have expired all over non-league, I wonder how long it will be before we can look forward to hearing that we've signed an left back, wide player and target man?

PS: Not being facetious, just wondering ...
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Now that we're in June ...
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 12:56:36 PM »

i think it'll be more like the end of June before anything, possibly into July. No one will want to commit to our cause yet until they've seen whats available or who's offered them what, we are always going to bottom of the list

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 01:04:47 PM »

... and contracts have expired all over non-league, I wonder how long it will be before we can look forward to hearing that we've signed an left back, wide player and target man?

isnt gh on holiday ?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 01:06:10 PM »

i think it'll be more like the end of June before anything, possibly into July. No one will want to commit to our cause yet until they've seen whats available or who's offered them what, we are always going to bottom of the list

Think you're most probably right there. Still it would be nice to see one really good signing fairly soon to cheer us all up a bit and give us some positive vibes for the coming season!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 01:07:26 PM »

isnt gh on holiday ?

He's not in Torquay, Eastbourne or Weymouth I hope!   :D

Alex

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 01:09:10 PM »

we have already signed two players that should have given people good vibes about next season and cheered everyone up... Colin Little and Greg Young (that'll do for me until the players GH wants to sign are available to be signed)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 01:12:28 PM »

we have already signed two players that should have given people good vibes about next season and cheered everyone up... Colin Little and Greg Young (that'll do for me until the players GH wants to sign are available to be signed)

You're 101% correct. 
You know what I mean though ...

Alex

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 01:14:27 PM »

yeah i do we just have to be patient remember how much the squad changed last year just between the start and end of pre season

markecky

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 01:44:47 PM »

I believe that GH returned from his holiday on Sat/Sun in time for the June 1st date.

Its true what people say though, we will be the "I'll join them if Northwich don't offer me anymore money" club. 

We'll be last option on a few players list but thats a fact of life.  Some will have to work out if they can live on £350 when they used to get £600, and if they can get a paper round as well or something.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 08:15:40 PM »

We might be waiting till after the AGM on Saturday.
When we should hopefully, get confirmation that we are staying up.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 11:12:35 PM »

I believe that GH returned from his holiday on Sat/Sun in time for the June 1st date.

IIRC from the forum and assuming that GH wasn't joking, he's going down to the FA for the Torquay charge on the same day as Steve Evans was, which was today. That could also be a reason for him returning from holiday.

THis may also be complete bollocks but I think he said they were making him travel down there at some point.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 02:37:10 AM »

Yes, well remembered, GH definately said that he was up before the FA beak at the same time as Evans.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Jezza

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008, 12:35:10 PM »

GH wasn't joking, he's going down to the FA for the Torquay charge on the same day as Steve Evans was, which was today.

That's actually what i had in mind when I asked what Evans did?

I assume the 'cote got off because it was merely his first offence and completely out of character?....ahem.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team