PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Watmore has signed for Sunderland
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Watmore has signed for Sunderland  (Read 20354 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: May 24, 2013, 12:01:54 PM »

See main site

Good luck
Full time and proud of it

markecky

Re: Watmore has signed for Sunderland
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 12:03:44 PM »

Gutted but what a move for him, 2 year contract as well.

Good luck Duncan, nice words from him on the main site as well.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 12:06:13 PM »

First and foremost, congratulations and good luck to Duncan for what is a fantastic and exciting opportunity at Sunderland.

I, like everyone else, am gutted to see him go, but he always appeared destined for bigger things.

How wonderful that we are producing such talent at this club, though!
Come on Alty!

Beaver

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 12:06:52 PM »

No idea what the financials would be on this but I understand we are entitled to compensation which I gues was the undisclosed fee.

Fingers crossed that its a good portion of the money required to get the facilities going, that would be a fairytail all round.

Obviously the down side is he wont be ripping Colwyn Bay apart again next season.

Good luck Duncan, we're all proud of you, and can't wait to see you in the Prem one day soon!

Jezza

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 12:10:28 PM »

Well I'm gutted but pleased for Duncan I hope it goes well for the lad.

A very exciting player to watch and the sort of player you'd pay your admission just to see.,

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 12:10:44 PM »

Gutted likewise, but a great move for Duncan.

If Altrincham are delighted as announced I hope the fee more than compensates us for what will be a big loss upfront next season.

Perhaps the proposed new developemnt should be named the Duncan Watmore Community Sports Hall ??

Good luck Duncan, will be watching your progress with interest.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 12:14:56 PM »

Selfishly gutted.

Surprised about my emotions on this move.

I guess there just hasn't been anyone who has been a joy to watch at ML for a while.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 12:16:34 PM »

A bittersweet moment for all Alty fans but one that we knew would come sooner or later.

Duncan is simply one of the most exciting players I've ever seen playing for Alty in 30 plus years as a fan and his talent, application and attitude have been exemplary throughout his time here. He's a credit to the youth set-up, to his family and himself.

I have to say that I've always thought those who assumed he'd be with us throughout his studies and would then try to go professional were being a bit naive. He's young but not that young - there are plenty of players playing in the Premier League at his age. So I think for him this is the perfect time to step up and try to establish himself as a top level footballer. And nothing would delight me more than seeing him terrorising Premier League defences on MOTD in the years to come.

Good luck, Duncan. It's been an absolute joy watching you in an Alty shirt.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 12:22:59 PM by Leon »

taxi Phil

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 12:17:31 PM »

Didn't expect it just yet, but Duncan was always going to a big club eventually. Good luck to him, a very level headed lad with a great future in front of him.

And at least we have all summer to refund the side.

Eatmygoal

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 12:18:30 PM »

I really enjoyed watching him play last season, and always thought he was destined for bigger things. For me, he is a brilliant player and although it's sad to see him go, I totally understand why. Who wouldn't? Good luck to Duncan and I hope you get on ok with your new manager.

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 12:19:18 PM »

Feeling sad at the loss of such a talented player but also an overwhelming sense of pride, what an awesome move for Duncan. Running round my office saying "told you" to people who didn't believe that Alty had one of the most promising young talents in the country.

Privilige to have watched him at ML and sure he will continue to make us proud at SAFC and beyond.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 12:26:15 PM by RedRedRobin »

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2013, 12:19:22 PM »

Like everyone else I am gutted just now, but what a fabulous move for a lovely lad who thorughly deserves this chance. I am sure he will do well,...and the day he plays his first game for Sunderland I will be so proud of him. When they see what he can do he will set a few pulses racing up in the North East.

Long term, this is also fantastic news for the club financially and providing we can strengthen the team and keep us competing at the top of the league then we will get over the current feeling of despair  :(

Bitter sweet.

markecky

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2013, 12:21:19 PM »

A bittersweet moment for all Alty fans but one that we knew would come sooner or later.

Duncan is simply one of the most exciting players I've ever seen playing for Alty in 30 plus years as a fan and his talent, application and attitude have been exemplary throughout his time here. He's a credit to the youth set-up, to his family and himself.

I have to say that I've always thought those who assumed he'd be with us throughout his studies and would then try to go professional were being a bit naive. He's young but not that young - there are plenty of players playing in the Premier League at his age. So I think for him this is the perfect time to step up and try to establish himself as a top level footballer. And nothing would delight me more than seeing him terrorising Premier League defence on MOTD in the years to come.

Good luck, Duncan. It's been an absolute joy watching you in an Alty shirt.

Good post.  I was one who thought he would stay and complete his studies however I based that on the fact he wouldn't be desperate to play for Bury like some lads might if they didn't have much else going on.

It would be a no brainer for a Premier League move, never thought he'd turn that down.

It says he will be continuing his studies on the main site, so maybe they still see him as one for the future.

Jezza

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2013, 12:23:08 PM »

I just mailed Duncan on facebook.....I love his Austin powers profile pic!!!!

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2013, 12:23:46 PM »

I was hoping to be able to watch him for another season, but I suppose it had to happen sooner or later.
This has seriously spoiled my weekend, how could  he be so selfish :'( :'( :'( :'(
Still, looking forward to seeing him get the recognition he deserves.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team