PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Great result
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Great result  (Read 8717 times)

ripleym

Re: Great result
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2014, 07:14:03 PM »

As you are a photographer you should know about negatives ;D.

As a photographer of the digtial age, that is all Greek to me  ;D
Good "snappy" answer......

Time to pull down the shutter on this exchange!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2014, 07:25:10 PM »

Enjoyable game! Crowther played well,  a clear confidence player and his game is defo to get at people.  I am critical of Marshall and Griffin but both played really well, defo Griffins best game. However they had nothing to offer upfront and were poor so I won't get carried away about Griffin and Marshall's performances,  they need to do it over a period of games.. I still thought Perry didn't do too much, wayward passing and needs to be stronger and to be honest their central defenders were rubbish. Needed result and good game to watch!

I thought their 14 marshell-king ex Histon was outstanding, and possibly saved them from a hiding

eightiesrobin

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2014, 07:37:52 PM »

I'm well pleased with the result. Dartford were a poor oufit IMO.

bighairedmike

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2014, 07:50:28 PM »

Enjoyable game! Crowther played well,  a clear confidence player and his game is defo to get at people.  I am critical of Marshall and Griffin but both played really well, defo Griffins best game. However they had nothing to offer upfront and were poor so I won't get carried away about Griffin and Marshall's performances,  they need to do it over a period of games.. I still thought Perry didn't do too much, wayward passing and needs to be stronger and to be honest their central defenders were rubbish. Needed result and good game to watch!

I thought their 14 marshell-king ex Histon was outstanding, and possibly saved them from a hiding

I think you were watching a different game Oli. Mitchell-King was outstanding and I thought the lad McAuley played well alongside him, even if he shouldn't have been on the pitch afor a considerable part of the game. The 3 substitutions made a world of difference to them and Crawford, Hayes and Bradbrook were fantastic. Their movement and energy was exceptional and caused us a few problems. The fact they made so little impact was because of Griffin and Marshalls performances. 

ripleym

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2014, 07:59:02 PM »

I think you were watching a different game Oli. Mitchell-King was outstanding and I thought the lad McAuley played well alongside him, even if he shouldn't have been on the pitch afor a considerable part of the game. The 3 substitutions made a world of difference to them and Crawford, Hayes and Bradbrook were fantastic. Their movement and energy was exceptional and caused us a few problems. The fact they made so little impact was because of Griffin and Marshalls performances. 

You're in danger of becoming a Griffin fan here.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2014, 08:09:07 PM »

Williams, Marshall and Griffin were great. Really enjoyed the game today! :)
Come on Alty!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2014, 08:14:48 PM »

let's see how it turns out hey
ParkINson's red and white army

eightiesrobin

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2014, 09:54:33 PM »

Williams great? I thought he had a stinker. I'll agree you get a lot of effort from him, but his passing was poor.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2014, 09:58:54 PM »

I thought it was a bloody good team performance.
At last we started shooting at goal.
That put them on the back foot.
Well done to 'The Mighty Robins'. :) :)

Hamilton

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2014, 11:10:16 PM »

let's see how it turns out hey

C'mon guys, lets focus on the matter in hand!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2014, 11:28:10 PM »

Williams great? I thought he had a stinker. I'll agree you get a lot of effort from him, but his passing was poor.

I guess we were watching different games. I thought his energy and overall contribution was a big part of the difference between the sides. A very exciting prospect indeed.
Come on Alty!

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2014, 11:35:09 PM »

I guess we were watching different games. I thought his energy and overall contribution was a big part of the difference between the sides. A very exciting prospect indeed.

Williams will be good when he adjusts to this level, he wants too much time on the ball but when games get stretched out second half he comes into his own. In the first half he lost the ball 11 times, I was counting. Moult has more physical presence and can pass. I would start with Moult and bring williams on later especially away from home.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2014, 11:54:00 PM »

We all see the game from different perspectives I suppose. I accept that if other people saw him make errors they will see things differently to myself. Fron my viewpoint I just saw a lot of positives in the energy and desire he showed. Definitely a good egg.
Come on Alty!

altyazz

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2014, 12:38:58 AM »

Yes brilliant result the lads was superb 

altyazz

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2014, 12:39:45 AM »

Well, it probably should have been a bit more comfortable in the end, but all in all that was a pretty good performance and result. Griffin was easily my motm - I'm pleased that others have noticed how fabulous he was today. Neither centre half put a foot wrong either, which may have something to do with the confidence they have in Parton behind them. It was particularly pleasing to see the more maligned players having good games today. As I mentioned to the guys standing next to me, Kyle is in the team to head, hold, barge and wind up, so judging him on his passing/shooting is pointless. Today he played his role beautifully. The best team won, so well done to all at Alty.
what about the positives jack the lads played brilliant today forget the scrappy goal...
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Great result