PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Good News For the Bullyboys
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Good News For the Bullyboys  (Read 7081 times)

Spring

« on: April 01, 2017, 12:24:07 PM »

Many of you will be glad to know that this will be my last contribution to this forum and I will join Leslie and Dingo, who have also been silenced by the mindless, bullying, foul mouthed element on here whose mantra is ‘Rowley Out….f off   ….and little else.

I think Ballers expressed it well today …. ‘ I couldn't give a toss about free speech. Stop being a dick.’

The reason I first came on the Forum was to try to  understand what was really happening to the beloved club I had supported for 60 plus years and living 200 miles away and not being as mobile, as I would like it seemed natural to get a view from the ‘Real’ fans.

To do this I admit, I tried to lift the discussion to debate facts, sometimes to play the devils’s advocate and to try and understand the rationale for why things had happened, as they had. Only total fools do not understand that there are usually two sides to a story, that there are shades of grey and that the principle of cause and effect applies. 

For this reason I did try and engage in debate with such as Dingo, who had had the temerity to take a different view and was simply set upon, not with facts but with foul mouthed insults. I tried to engage him separately but this too was drowned out and equally I tried to find out what really happened at Twittergate but people on this site were just not interested to know. In reality we still don’t know and if in doubt read the questions I outlined that did not even elicit one comment. No, to rant and abuse is much safer ground and less mind stretching  for the pack….who cares about the facts?.

I did realise that the people on the site that did have something  positive to contribute, kept quiet most of the time, presumably so they wouldn’t be attacked by the mindless ones. I am thinking of people like Beaker, Nom de Plume , L’Homme de Sport and Hashtag who are part of the minority that deal in facts not abuse. They understand that if Rowley did resign that a man with a Magic Wand might not come forward and the club could well be in even deeper problems. They realise you have to know about shareholding, about financing, about who may be interested in standing as an alternative Chairman, (whether it be Bill Waterson or Andrew Shaw or probably nobody).

I regret the fact that the protest is drivelling out to be a nothing because the one obvious way forward was dialogue ( it always is!) but this appears to have been rejected. I hope I am wrong and something might be going on behind the scenes, as the obvious first step is a non- executive supporter director, chosen by the fans.

Anyway I will end now and do feel free to attack me with impunity or listen to your resident showboater …..markecky ……whose contribution is always to curry favour, if you hadn’t had the perception to notice.  I say this as I will not be visiting the site again, so please have a great rant, swear, be negative, say nothing constructive, be personally abusive  ……just be yourselves. 

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Good News For the Bullyboys
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 12:38:06 PM »

Ecky's a show boater? You should be on stage with material like that.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 12:38:32 PM »

You're going on like you are a latter day Socrates, persecuted for daring to speak the truth.

People have got pissed off with you because you're a turbo-posting attention seeker. You manage to stifle any debate because you know nothing about the situation.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

markecky2

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 12:41:00 PM »

Not sure I've attacked anyone to be honest, just pointed out your banterish posts are damned annoying on one of the darkest days in the clubs history.  

Think one of my five showboating posts asked people not to get personal but let's not worry about that.  Not a huge fan of arguing with people when I have no idea who they are either to be honest.

Currying favour is pretty low on my list of priorities I have to say, I just post what I feel.  As I said, you're welcome to your opinions but it's a discussion forum so you have to be prepared for people to disagree.

Interesting you singled me out though for your final line...very interesting indeed.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 12:42:15 PM »

Worlds weirdest slagging off of markecky?! I certainly won't lose any sleep now you're not posting anymore,cheerio.

arnald

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 01:21:38 PM »

People like this seem to dig their own graves eventually then a strange sentence about ecky
a bit odd really

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 01:31:19 PM »

Just when you think things can't and won't get anymore bizarre.

Posts a book about being bullied but then singles out a long standing supporter

andrewflynn

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2017, 01:33:44 PM »

Ciao.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2017, 01:35:17 PM »

Think you have just committed a major Faux pas there fella, accusing Mark...
That bloke does more for this club than most.
I don't mind you posting on here or anybody else for that matter, but to bad mouth Mark is out of order.

Have a think about what you have said. Apologies are accepted on this forum..

markecky2

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2017, 01:42:12 PM »

Cheers guys, appreciate it but it doesn't need a long thread abut me.  I'm many things but definitely not a bully.  The peoples whose opinion I value (including those on this thread) know what I'm like including my faults.

I don't want anyone to go off here but I don't think it was todays actions that have made it happen, he was simply losing too many arguments.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2017, 01:54:09 PM »

There has been a few new posters of late who have been very odd

Anyway back to the football
Come on you red and white........

arnald

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2017, 01:57:21 PM »

I would have liked to ask spring when was the last game he went to but I feard
a 4 page response

taxi Phil

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2017, 02:38:19 PM »

a 4 page response

Probably no later than 1970 at a guess. While he's committed too many faux pas, he is, like me, in his 70th year. And he says he's 200 miles away and with mobility problems. Out of touch for too long, and trying too hard to make up for lost time perhaps ?

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2017, 02:39:12 PM »

a 4 page response

Probably no later than 1970 at a guess. While he's committed too many faux pas, he is, like me, in his 70th year. And he says he's 200 miles away and with mobility problems. Out of touch for too long, and trying too hard to make up for lost time perhaps ?
sounds like a few of our players....
Come on you red and white........

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2017, 03:01:58 PM »

Don't go! You're the only person who thinks I'm sensible!

Just because I'm aware that chairmans don't fall out the sky, I do think we could find one if we just asked about.

It's all my fault.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team