PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 CSC tonight
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: CSC tonight  (Read 4876 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
CSC tonight
« on: November 10, 2010, 01:03:23 AM »

CSC game tonight Woodley Sports vs Witton.........attendance 31 people !

Clubs should surely not be losing money to play in this competition ?

Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

taxi Phil

Re: CSC tonight
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 07:23:11 AM »

Our gate next week will be pretty lamentable as well, given it's a Champions League night. This competition has passed its sell by date, and clubs should be allowed to opt out, or field their reserves/youth team.

fuertes

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 08:01:56 AM »

Make it preseason. That way it'd be a half-decent semi-competitive introduction to the league season.

taxi Phil

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 10:33:02 AM »

Now THAT is an extremely good suggestion ! Have a Goodwin !

markecky

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 10:52:34 AM »

Make it preseason. That way it'd be a half-decent semi-competitive introduction to the league season.

Its been suggested by a few but its a very good suggestion

62vintage

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 05:06:50 PM »

I am probably in a very small minority, but I am looking forward to playing in the CSC next week.

roytonmike

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 05:43:53 PM »

Two things killed off interest in the CSC as I see it - firstly the Trophy, filling the gap between the FA Cup and the county competitions, and then the increasing importance and geographical scope of the top leagues (NPL, then APL/Conference). Unfortunately some County FAs still use the fact that clubs have to affiliate to them to get into national competitions as a lever, propping up their county cups, and in the worst cases pull rank, making clubs' league fixtures make way for county cup-ties (eg Bath last month). I suspect we are stuck with the present situation. The CSC had 17 entrant clubs this season, which is probably just too many to make it the pre-season tournament which many think would be a sensible solution, and I bet the Cheshire FA won't bar any club in the NWCL from taking part in order to keep those numbers up - nor will they extend the 'get-out clause' which I think applies to League clubs to those in the BSBP.   

andrewflynn

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 05:47:29 PM »

It's a good idea to have it in pre season but I would much rather have a scheduled summer. Go out of the cup early and you've got to compensate for the games you've missed out on.

lukealty12

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 06:15:45 PM »

It's a good idea to have it in pre season but I would much rather have a scheduled summer. Go out of the cup early and you've got to compensate for the games you've missed out on.

FA Trophy?

Butty

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 06:22:38 PM »

FA Trophy?
I think he means it makes it difficult to plan a pre season around- if we planned on reaching the final and giving some newer players a run out ect. and we lose in the first round, then we will have less of a pre season warm up

andrewflynn

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2010, 06:43:17 PM »

FA Trophy?
I think he means it makes it difficult to plan a pre season around- if we planned on reaching the final and giving some newer players a run out ect. and we lose in the first round, then we will have less of a pre season warm up

Bang

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2010, 06:54:12 PM »

Perhaps a happy medium would be to play the early rounds in the summer and then resume the competition in the latter part of the season?
Come on Alty!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2010, 09:32:37 PM »

FA Trophy?

Unless you play the early round(s) as a round robin involving leagues of 4 clubs pre season and then the semi & final later on

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2010, 11:39:45 PM »

Two things killed off interest in the CSC as I see it - firstly the Trophy, filling the gap between the FA Cup and the county competitions, and then the increasing importance and geographical scope of the top leagues (NPL, then APL/Conference). Unfortunately some County FAs still use the fact that clubs have to affiliate to them to get into national competitions as a lever, propping up their county cups, and in the worst cases pull rank, making clubs' league fixtures make way for county cup-ties (eg Bath last month). I suspect we are stuck with the present situation. The CSC had 17 entrant clubs this season, which is probably just too many to make it the pre-season tournament which many think would be a sensible solution, and I bet the Cheshire FA won't bar any club in the NWCL from taking part in order to keep those numbers up - nor will they extend the 'get-out clause' which I think applies to League clubs to those in the BSBP.   

I suppose we should be grateful that we don't have to play on a Saturday

York Alty

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2010, 09:46:35 PM »

reality.

a competitive fixture in this competition attracted 31 people. 

Why does the County FA think this is not somethign that needs a serious look at.

Pre-season tournament with a reduced number of clubs or let it fade even further into obscurity.

I used to enjoy the CSC games when I lived local but it is past its best.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 CSC tonight