News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Work needs to start this week

Author Topic: The Work needs to start this week  (Read 3131 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: May 01, 2011, 09:13:14 AM »

We need to know,who wants to stay and who doesn't.And whoever is in charge of the team, needs to put together 16/18 lads that are ready to sign up straight away, not go away and think about it etc etc.The advantage of the league we are going into is that their is no tranfer window,so we can ship people out if they are no good or we find a better player.Im convinced pre-season did for us this year, we turned up at woodley with a group of "players" that spelt out straight away we were in trouble.To see the likes of bloody clive modise included in the squad told you we were in a mess.And we were still waiting to see if players wanted to sign up about 5 days before the start of the season, if any of the current players want to stay, lets have a quick decision out of them. Those that want to go elsewhere, good bye and good luck.We must be ready for the first preseason friendly, and I would have them playing friendlies as early as late june,fitness willl be a key component.

As for ex players, Id take matt doughty and greg young if they would come,but I wouldnt hold my breath on that.The amount of youngsters at moss lane yesterday that were hurting at full time was incredible, with their kits and their banners.WE MUST as a club do everything we can to keep these youngsters interested, be it offering great incentives to attend the games, or better still to hit the ground running on the pitch.We cannot just slip into midtable in the BSN, and all as supporters must do our bit to raise funds to give the club a decent budget.Please dont walk away, we need everyone to return to moss lane for games next year, the bigger the gates, the bigger the budget.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The Work needs to start this week
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 09:23:49 AM »

Think we need kenny to say if he's staying also something from the board which is positive ie we want to  give it a go to at least try and make the play offs next season I do emphasise the try and also what players are coming or going
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 10:59:15 AM by Timperley The Best »

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 10:11:13 AM »

Your dead right,  Anyone who has shown little interest this season should be shipped out ... get the signatures of those who are good enough and want to play early doors.  Mooching around until mid June wont serve anybody well..  Positives thoughts are what is required now..  I am not well up on the financial states of teams in BSN but I dont want to read all summer that such and such has pots of money and that Alty have no chance of returning to the BSP. f**k the negative thoughts right off.

Accrington Stanley havent got much money but they have managed to be up there banging on the door of the play-offs so why cant we this time next year.

Cmon Alty

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 10:53:11 AM »

Agree with this, I hope things take shape quickly, if we need new blood lets get it in, what about Mulholland? would he come back?

dunhamalty

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 10:59:13 AM »

Mulholland is going to Crewe i think

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 11:31:29 AM »

Totally agree that today is first day of next season. As it stands though we no main sponsor and one player (Twiss).

Before anyone is signed/shown the door we need the managers position to be sorted. Don't want sevearal players signed and a new manager comes in and says he's inherited a crock of sh*te.
Full time and proud of it

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 11:34:49 AM »

Dead right Pete.......pre-season was poor. Seeing us absolutely taken apart by Nantwich Town and our inability to get past Tinson and Street was a worrying 'sign'.
And as you say, half the squad 'still thinking about the offer' in mid July is no use either
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

bumble

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 04:14:25 PM »

t.The amount of youngsters at moss lane yesterday that were hurting at full time was incredible, with their kits and their banners.WE MUST as a club do everything we can to keep these youngsters interested, be it offering great incentives to attend the games, or better still to hit the ground running on the pitch

When you say youngsters - you may not mean us (16/17) but we were the ones with balloons/confetti flags
 but I think I can speak on behalf of us in saying we'll be there next year.

I knew Relegation would hurt - but I didn't think it was hurt as much as it did.

There's a few ideas I actually think the club could look at with getting more "juniors" 11-15 yo in - it's the time (IMO) to get them in - even if they are a blue/red!

Ps. Hopefully next season our waving flags won't be banned away from home!

andrewflynn

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 04:28:11 PM »

Jack out of interest who has the waving flags? They were left at the ground for someone to pick up at the Staff vs Supporters game.

I'm no stranger to the lower levels, used to watch it with my Dad... It's not good to be going back to it, but I've already posted how I feel in my 'Being both optimistic and realistic' thread: http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=12431.msg141919#msg141919

I agree with Hughesy, the sooner we sort out a squad for next season the better.

As Jack said, either way, all our lot will be back next season offering our support. I'd like to think that this season we've shown just how beneficial getting youngsters involved is. Look at it this way, all of us have averaged over half the away games this season and the vast majority have a season ticket. We are proof that advertising the club to younger kids does work in the long run.

bumble

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2011, 04:33:55 PM »

they're by the clubshop

Just asked nasha to ask if they can be stored in the bar till preseason
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team