PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Final day match thread sponsored by www.notarsed.com
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Final day match thread sponsored by www.notarsed.com  (Read 10415 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Final day match thread sponsored by www.notarsed.com
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2009, 07:51:49 PM »

I can only repeat what everyone else has said on here.

I was sat on home watching setanta today and was very proud as the commentators repeated how Cambridge still couldn't get past Altrincham, especially seeing as they were all making it out to be that Cambridge were going to steamroller us!

Enjoy the summer everybody!

well done all players staff and fans there , great to be proved wrong

crossie

« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2009, 08:45:44 PM »

What baffles me is the way we have taken 3,4 points or more from the bigger clubs in the league e.g. Cambridge, Oxford, Wrexham Mansfield, who are all full time clubs with decent players, but we struggle against the sh*te  like Lewes, FGR etc just think where we would have finished if we had beaten them another 6 points top half of the table!

All I can say is well done boys, keep fit and be fresh for August 2009!! Next year will be pretty tough, some decent teams coming up and down! Lets aim for 15th place or better!

Also big thank you to all the fans who have followed the team home and away, we really could not have done it with out Alty's 12th man!

joe

Final day match
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2009, 09:00:31 PM »

Good performance by the lads today especially Stuart Coburn who was absolutely quality! I'm travelling back from Cambridge very happy with this season.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2009, 10:30:12 PM »

though having just heard steve claridge refer to the game as "a virtual gimme" for cambridge i would like o see us put up a showing

playing without young though.....
He probably thought that in the Trophy when he was Weymouth manager.
They really should be beating teams like us

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2009, 11:36:35 PM »

What baffles me is the way we have taken 3,4 points or more from the bigger clubs in the league e.g. Cambridge, Oxford, Wrexham Mansfield, who are all full time clubs with decent players, but we struggle against the sh*te  like Lewes, FGR etc just think where we would have finished if we had beaten them another 6 points top half of the table!

While it might feel that way the facts don't back it up. The league table on the official site (http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/table08.htm) shows that we got most of our wins against teams who finished below us and with the notable exception of taking four points off Cambridge we only got one other point from the teams in the promotion/play-off places.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2009, 12:19:33 AM »

Coburn was so good today it defies description. To say it was the best goalkeeping performance ever would not be an untruth. The Cambridge fans we spoke to in the pub later said they have never seen a performance like it, one stating that Gordon Banks in his opinion is now just "a bit good"in comparison. In fact when some tit threw a pie at Stuart the CUFC fans said they expected him to catch it and distribute it down the wing.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2009, 12:41:03 PM »

In fact when some tit threw a pie at Stuart the CUFC fans said they expected him to catch it and distribute it down the wing.

Just imagine how delighted Tony Kelly would have been if a spectator had done that to him during his days with Alty.....
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Final day match thread sponsored by www.notarsed.com