PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Go and sign some players
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Go and sign some players  (Read 11215 times)

taxi Phil

Re: Go and sign some players
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2013, 09:10:27 PM »

We are, in fact, running with about 14 viable players. I refuse to any longer consider that we are promotion material. The cracks are appearing, and we have nothing with which to fill them. The realisation by our manager that Smikle could not viably replace Clee put the lid on it for me.

Another season of Skrill North awaits  >:(

PeterJ

« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2013, 09:12:49 PM »

We are, in fact, running with about 14 viable players. I refuse to any longer consider that we are promotion material. The cracks are appearing, and we have nothing with which to fill them. The realisation by our manager that Smikle could not viably replace Clee put the lid on it for me.

only at Altrincham FC would a supporter write the season off in December whilst joint top. best yet this one is

taxi Phil

« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2013, 09:38:54 PM »

only at Altrincham FC would a supporter write the season off in December whilst joint top. best yet this one is
And also only at Alty would the same supporter be giving away work so that he could catch a coach to Gloucestershire on a Tuesday night despite being convinced that it's another nothing season.

"Expect bugger all lad, and tha'll not be disappointed, but by 'eck it'll feel good if things surpass your expectations" as my late father would have it."

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2013, 09:43:47 PM »

tend to agree nothing two or three new players wouldnt change though

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2013, 09:51:21 PM »

A supporter who has seen his team capitulate in enough must win games to sense that maybe they won't do it when it matters though??

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2013, 04:28:43 PM »

A supporter who has seen his team capitulate in enough must win games to sense that maybe they won't do it when it matters though??

Ballers, nicely put.

Hamilton

« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2013, 07:36:52 PM »

With Nicky Clee’s hamstring problem possibly keeping him out for a fortnight, Alty are actively seeking reinforcements.

“We are hoping Nicky will prove a quick healer, but it could be a couple of weeks,’ added Sinnott. ‘We are looking at players, including a left-sider to improve the balance of the team, but it has to be the right person. There are a few boxes to tick, in terms of finance, players being willing and able to join us and their clubs allowing them to. But we have been talking, and we will continue to talk.”

He must be happy with what we have on the right.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Go and sign some players