PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Go and sign some players
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Go and sign some players  (Read 11214 times)

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Go and sign some players
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2013, 06:02:36 PM »

I was absolutely  in line with the tackle that lead to the pen standing at the side. It was a a perfectly clean tackle from the side. All I can think is that from where the ref was standing he thought Leather had slid in a brought the player down whereas he fell over his leg after the ball had gone.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2013, 06:24:56 PM »

Usual cup performance from us. This team has some talented players but no character or heart, which is why we are so crap in the cup. No leadership on the pitch, not one rallying cry from any player out there. We'll  read to the usual clichéd bollocks from
Sinnott in the messenger, but the truth is until we sign some mentally tough winners with some steel about them then we'll lose every crunch / cup match we play. The team we have are a bunch of soft arses.

I think this is absolutely spot on.

decman7

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2013, 06:32:03 PM »

I back managers a players all I can, but the fact we didn't have  Clee and we went to pot is just utterly disgusting.

Leek weren't bad, tough side that you usually get from a few leagues below, but we should have enough to beat them. Like someone else said, the fact that we had to put Walshaw out wide says it all about the players we don't have.

We have one player on the bench who can change the way we play and that's Perry, and he doesn't show it enough (if ever)

It's criminal that we have a bare 11. This league should be ours and if LS signs 3 or4 it will be. I totally believe that.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2013, 06:57:01 PM »

Two ponts I would like to make

Firstly we have lost a football match today whereas people in Scotland have lost livelihoods and lives so, although I'm gonna be unpopular, can we have some perspective please?

Secondly (and I don't know, just suspect from history) once we sold Duncan, with all the incorrect speculation about the value of the deal and how much cash we got up front prices being asked when we are interested will have gone up stratospherically and Clubs will be wanting loan fees or to take one of ours in exchange because all of a sudden they will think we are minted (which we aren't).

One thing I do know is that players are identified and watched

markecky

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2013, 07:03:16 PM »

Firstly we have lost a football match today whereas people in Scotland have lost livelihoods and lives so, although I'm gonna be unpopular, can we have some perspective please?

Secondly (and I don't know, just suspect from history) once we sold Duncan, with all the incorrect speculation about the value of the deal and how much cash we got up front prices being asked when we are interested will have gone up stratospherically and Clubs will be wanting loan fees or to take one of ours in exchange because all of a sudden they will think we are minted (which we aren't).

Your first point is ridiculous Phil.  You can compare anything like that.  A crap meal in a restauarant, at least we're not in Ethiopa.  It's pissing down, at least we're not in the Phillippines.   People have a right to be pissed off regardless of other world events.

Secondly I would hope we are trying to sign some players.  If we are getting knocked back for various reasons then it would be more reassuring to know that.

I like the way we don't do too much talking in the press but silence now is looking like inaction and doing the management no favours.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2013, 07:29:32 PM »

Didn't go today so shalln't comment on the peformance but the result is shocking.The reason we'll struggle to get to get anyone is is because we've got no money. mainly because of two shambollic results!

To make one sub says it all.

Believe their rw was pacey and direct. just what we need.

Words fail me to say how disappointed i feel
Full time and proud of it

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2013, 07:30:55 PM »

Are you really being serious? Obviously the events are tragic but individually people endure personal tragedies from day to day. Perhaps we shouldn't talk about day to day stuff in case anyone is affected? Fool.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2013, 07:50:17 PM »

A police helicopter crashing in Scotland has no relevance to anything on this forum, human tradegy happens everyday, this is the Alty fans forum, hence discussion should broadly stick to that. Look at every club in this league, even those playing in exile with no money, they are all pepping up their squads, we aren't

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2013, 08:03:46 PM »

Er no, it's irrelevant. The world doesn't stop because of a tragic accident in Scotland and we're all pissed off with the performance today so we'd like to talk about it on our football forum. Bad things happen in the world every day and I think we'd all go mad if we dwelt on all of them all the time.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2013, 08:06:58 PM »

According to the un 21,000 people die every day due to starvation

What a terrible and shocking statistic in the modern world

Please all refrain from ever commenting on a game again until this ends
ParkINson's red and white army

bumble

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2013, 08:19:09 PM »

Some of the stuff you post on here its down right appalling. Your posts are getting boring
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 08:20:42 PM by Jack Jolly »

Jezza

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2013, 08:32:40 PM »

looking on the bright side at least lee knows we absolutely have to win the league this season.....coz the chances of us winning even a big cup tie style semi play off are zero.
mind you the chances of winning the league whilst lee enjoys his small squad backed up by smikle and perry are also zero.
I say that with all due respect to the ice caps melting and all them poor polar bears.....

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2013, 08:38:35 PM »

I think I can safely say you've made medical history. Your anus has grown vocal chords.  :o

Jezza

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2013, 09:13:17 PM »

comes to something when even after a ref has apparently chalked off a goal for us and gifted the opposition a penalty we are more angry about the lack of depth in our squad.....just sayin'....

mind you at least we can maybe do something about our squad....refs are just a law unto themselves....

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2013, 09:21:53 PM »

comes to something when even after a ref has apparently chalked off a goal for us and gifted the opposition a penalty we are more angry about the lack of depth in our squad.....just sayin'....

mind you at least we can maybe do something about our squad....refs are just a law unto themselves....

I've ran out of steam being arsed about refs. Shocking decision. It's getting to the point where every game is affected so think I'm becoming immune.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Go and sign some players