PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Go and sign some players
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Go and sign some players  (Read 11216 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Go and sign some players
« on: November 30, 2013, 05:01:15 PM »

One key player missing and we end up turning out a performance like that. Most prolific forward in nonleague football taken out of the game for 30 mins by being shoved on the wing because there is no one else to play there. Get out and sign some players for goodness sake, we are blagging it here, a couple of injuries and we've had it. Start by getting seven days in or an enquiry on that 11 from leek. This happens that often I'm tired of being angry, the title is there for the taking so get out there and sign some f**king players......

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Go and sign some players
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 05:05:46 PM »

I couldn't believe my ears when Walshaw got moved out wide. I can't believe our total lack of strength in depth either.
Come on Alty!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 05:08:23 PM »

Every club up the top of the skrill north has been out signing players this week, and here we are again, totally exposed today by our lack of strength in depth

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 05:13:56 PM »

or tell us we cant afford to sign players , but we certainly need two or three

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 05:14:30 PM »

If bringing Perry on is our only option we are screwed. Leek got in more tackles today that Colwyn Bay did in 171 minutes. We need a bruiser in midfield.Beforer that awful penalty decision Leek hadn't had a shot on target. The ball had already gone before the Leek player tripped over Leather's leg.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 05:20:00 PM »

Couldn't make it today, but I too am baffled that we are so thin on the ground regarding players. I sometimes ask myself about the ambition of the club with regards to getting back in the conf national. Its no good filling the bench with youth lads if you have no intention of giving them a game then why bother.

I read on another thread that LS likes to keep his squad small in numbers !!!!!!  If that's true then someone please explain the logic in it.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 05:23:25 PM »

It was a dreadful penalty decision and we had what seemed a perfectly good goal chalked off, but don't let that mask the fact we are woefully short on numbers, action needed on the personel front immediately.Weve got about 12 passable players.... There's a couple from leek id have here on today's showing, the 11 especially, where's the scouting network locally? The lad plays 18 miles up the road...

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, 05:23:57 PM »

If you're going to have a small squad you can't afford to have any passengers. We clearly have a couple and they need to be shown the door.
Come on Alty!

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2013, 05:25:09 PM »

If Perry and Smikle are on contracts he's got his budget spent. The ambition of the club is to only spend what it brings in which is correct.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2013, 05:29:21 PM »

We've also got to many technical players in midfield and no bruiser, the only one that has any physical presence can't pass, needs sorting out ASAP this, the pitches are getting heavy.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2013, 05:29:51 PM »

Yet another terrible and embarrassing result against lower league opposition in a cup competition. In a generation we have gone from being a proud and successful cup side to one with a wretched and shameful record in knock-out competitions, and nobody at the club ever seems to grasp or acknowledge it.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2013, 05:37:38 PM »

If Perry ands Smikle are on contracts he's got his budget spent. The ambition of the club is to only spend what it brings in which is correct.

if they are contracts,then to put it mildly ,its a mistake

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2013, 05:52:42 PM »

Usual cup performance from us. This team has some talented players but no character or heart, which is why we are so crap in the cup. No leadership on the pitch, not one rallying cry from any player out there. We'll  read to the usual clichéd bollocks from
Sinnott in the messenger, but the truth is until we sign some mentally tough winners with some steel about them then we'll lose every crunch / cup match we play. The team we have are a bunch of soft arses.

markecky

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2013, 05:56:04 PM »

The disallowed goal was perfectly fine and would have won us the game.  The penalty, from where I was stood, looked one of the worst decision I have ever seen.  Once again though we laboured against a team who were keen and up for it.

Don't think it was lack of effort, it just does not seem to click in these type of games.  Too many passes astray, too many off days on the same day.  

We certainly do need to go and sign some players or if we are trying and being knocked back then we also need to be told.

Leek won today on spirit and a good right winger.

Just seen Mad Dog's view of the pen  "Probably the worst pen I've seen given today @altrinchamfc an I've seen some shockers at moss lane!! #TrustMe #RefHadAStinker"". 
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 05:58:09 PM by markecky »

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2013, 05:59:41 PM »

Unless my memory is playing tricks we beat Colwyn Bay twice in the Trophy last week. Plenty of character and heart there. We also beat Shildon,  Leek and Boston awayand took Burton to a replay in FA Cup first round last season. Today wasn't about heart it was about the right players and tactics for a particular situation.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Go and sign some players