PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Carl Rogers signs
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Carl Rogers signs  (Read 7656 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Carl Rogers signs
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2013, 09:19:11 PM »

incidentally Paul would you resign Brooke, Lacey or Hall?

What's that got to do with anything?
Come on Alty!

Jimmy

« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2013, 09:41:57 PM »

I think what he is trying to say is who should go to give us budget to get others who maybe better

taxi Phil

« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2013, 10:19:15 PM »

Our aim this season is to get promoted. Carl Rodgers is perfectly capable of contributing to that effort. As the season progresses, we will undoubtedly strengthen. We have done correctly to re-sign Carl in my opinion......next season is another matter entirely.

JDN

« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2013, 12:31:21 PM »

Jamie

Instead of saying this guy aint good enough, that guy can't play in enough positions, the Manager is a clueless buffoon, the Board have no ambition and the pies are always cold could you enlighten us on two matters please

Firstly, player/squad related - Who would you like us to sign and, whilst we are on the subject, who would you release if you could go back before ANY of our players signed for next season

Secondly, a more general, developmental issue - Do you have a view on the proposed Community Sports Hall?

Thank You
ATS you are a drama queen

All this because I dared to suggest that if we want to win the league we will need better players than Carl Rodgers

players I would release are: Hall, Rodgers, Brooke, Lacey

Who should replace them I dont know, but I would expect the manager to

Community Sports Hall - all very positive
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 01:18:12 PM by Jamie Newhall »

JDN

« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2013, 12:34:11 PM »

I think what he is trying to say is who should go to give us budget to get others who maybe better
spot on Jimmy

JDN

« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2013, 01:12:01 PM »

Danny Hall and Ryan Brooke not agreed terms for next season. As per twitter

VERY VERY good news :D

Jezza

« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2013, 01:13:28 PM »

Last year I was disappointed when we signed mgivern.....I didn't think he was a quality alty player and I was pleased when he disappeared....and I did think that was a poor signal of intent from Lee.

Although I agree with the premise of releasing players to bring in better quality I don't know what is in the manager's head....

Consensus seemed to be we needed 3 players....a centre forward, a centre midfielder and a centre back....and that we would probably need to offload a few squad players to pay for this....Rogers would have been in the maybe pile for me but not a definite release and only release if we need to in order to bring in much much better quality.

We have Boshell as the centre midfielder signed, I still think we need a quality centre back...maybe not getting a centre forward and our utilising our current forwards is paying to keep rogers who is excellent at breaking up play....or maybe it is in Lee's head to use Leather as centre back so we do not need to release as many 'squad players'

Carl Rogers is a very good player at this level, if he can sort his passing out to a consistent standard would be even better.....IMO
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Carl Rogers signs