PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Carl Rogers signs
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Carl Rogers signs  (Read 7657 times)

JDN

Re: Carl Rogers signs
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2013, 09:54:44 AM »

That dosent make sense Jimmy

Why would you have let go?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 10:03:56 AM by Jamie Newhall »

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2013, 09:56:47 AM »

We bemoaned having no squad depth last season, Rodgers can play in the middle and at the back, I'm more than happy to see him re-engaged, how you can say that his re-signing indicates playoffs beggars belief. We're 8 weeks away from the first friendly, we've signed one new player so far, arguably the best midfielder in this league,and have no idea who else will be coming in, at least give it until you know what the squad is to start questioning the manager this year.

Jimmy

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2013, 10:05:06 AM »

Why would have let go?
your statement seems to suggest he is a bad player he is a good player however I feel both richman and moult are better his signing probably means no more signings in centre midfield which is a little disappointing I'd like see a midfield with Clee left richman right bosh and another signing in middle

JDN

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2013, 10:10:10 AM »

Dennis we came 4th last season and Rodgers was one of our worst players

If we want to win the league we need better players

This is what the manager will be judged on

Of course if you happy with play offs again, then that a different story, Rodgers will do

JDN

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2013, 10:13:24 AM »

Why would have let go?
your statement seems to suggest he is a bad player he is a good player however I feel both richman and moult are better his signing probably means no more signings in centre midfield which is a little disappointing I'd like see a midfield with Clee left richman right bosh and another signing in middle
he is a good player, but not good enough to win the league is what I think your trying to say Jimmy

Which is exactly what I am saying

Get the tram

bighairedmike

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2013, 10:22:58 AM »

You being serious Warren?

Taking a knock and getting a niggling injury is one thing. Being unfit is another. If Michael Twiss had been injured, sat on the bench and gained 3 stone I could accept it more than him being lazy and unfit to start with.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2013, 10:26:50 AM »

We bemoaned having no squad depth last season, Rodgers can play in the middle and at the back, I'm more than happy to see him re-engaged, how you can say that his re-signing indicates playoffs beggars belief. We're 8 weeks away from the first friendly, we've signed one new player so far, arguably the best midfielder in this league,and have no idea who else will be coming in, at least give it until you know what the squad is to start questioning the manager this year.

i agree , if he could only play  one position  i doubt he would have signed

JDN

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2013, 10:35:59 AM »

You being serious Warren?

Taking a knock and getting a niggling injury is one thing. Being unfit is another. If Michael Twiss had been injured, sat on the bench and gained 3 stone I could accept it more than him being lazy and unfit to start with.
hmmm

i wonder why he get so many niggling injuries?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2013, 10:38:15 AM »

Dennis we came 4th last season and Rodgers was one of our worst players

If we want to win the league we need better players

This is what the manager will be judged on

Of course if you happy with play offs again, then that a different story, Rodgers will do

Where does it say in the press release that he is going to play every week? Championship winning sides have squad depth, I wouldn't say nani and Anderson are premier league winning players, but they serve a purpose, as part of a squad. Where does it say we aren't signing any more players? And if we'd started the way we finished we would have been a damn sight higher then fourth, and most of the squad that finished are signed up. I'm all for being criticalwhen required but can we not see the squad first?

Jimmy

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2013, 10:50:41 AM »

Fair point pete

markecky

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2013, 10:53:33 AM »

I refuse to believe Jamie that you think the management have sat down this week and said bollocks to the title, we fancy the playoffs so lets get Carl signed on to make it happen.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2013, 11:06:42 AM »

The real nugget in this thread is who will play right wing?  Richman is a good quality player but for me better in the middle than rogers.  We need to find a right winger who will do with densmore what doughty and clee managed in the last few games (brackley away an exception)
Bernard Taylors barmy army

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2013, 11:57:55 AM »

The right winger (or lack of) position was mentioned last Sunday. So we can be sure this is being adressed.
Full time and proud of it

Jimmy

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2013, 12:14:45 PM »

Perhaps we get a quality forward could move dunc back there but have to be a top forward

Robins Retweet

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2013, 12:36:19 PM »

Its an interesting point about watmore playing right wing, i thought against brackley he was coming so far back from his centre forward position that at one point he had to get out of a tough left back spot by taking on two of there players and then still provide an attacking threat, clearly wasted energy and couldnt sustain it as we saw, we know watmore is our second top scorer which is great, but i still think he can be just as usefull on the wing, and probebly provide the ideal distraction for reeves and a hold up striker to find space.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Carl Rogers signs